Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Can you take this medicine while pregnant?

Can you take this over the counter medicine for indigestion? It's called Ranitidine Hydrochloride tablets. I have horrible indigestion and Tum does not work for me at all! Do you know of anything else that may be safe? Or do I need to just "stick it out"? Thanks for all of yalls help :)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

I have only been told to take Tums or Rolaids by my doctor. I would call your to find out for sure. You dont want to trust what someone on here is going to tell you and you dont want to risk your baby's development.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only products I have been instructed to take are Rolaids, Tums, Tylenol products and Benadrly. Other than that, looks like your gonna have to stick it out.

Source(s): 31weeks with baby #1
  • 1 decade ago

my midwife says Tums and plain Pepcid AC is the only thing you can take for your stomach.

You can always check www.safefetus.com. It says that the rantidine is OK, but you would maybe want to check with your doc.

• 1 decade ago

Ask your doctor.

I have never heard of that medicine so I'm not sure.

Is there any info on the bottle that says "do not take if pregnant..."?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BJ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

NO!! do not take those. Tums is the only thing you should take!

• 1 decade ago

You cana take them..My doctor gave them to me. You will need to just give your doctor a call to verify it.

Source(s): Mom of 4
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Easy answer. Go to your pharmacist & ask !!! Or phone your doctor about your concerns

• 1 decade ago

When in doubt... call your ob. Stop taking it until you ask.

Source(s): Two year old son, one year old daughter, and one on the way! :)
  • 1 decade ago

Always ask you doctor,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.