peace sign meaning? what do you think?

what is the meaning of the peace sign? what does it mean now days?

Is it a good or bad thing to be representing it on your clothing?

as a christian would it be wrong to be representing it?

in history what was its meaning in the 60s and is it the same now?

thanks so much for your responses.

any of your thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated!

Favorite Answer

As a Christian, I would NEVER wear the "peace" symbol- it was originally drawn by Romans to intimidate Christians- the sign itself represents St. Peter being crucified upside- down and was used as a threat against the faithful in Christ.

If you like the modern representation, however, it's up to you. Thats just the reason I personally don't like it.

• ?

The Peace Sign Meaning

• I'm sorry but some Christians give others such a bad name. Please show me, and not from some ultra conservative website where it shows the peace symbol was created to mock Christians. The peace symbol was created in the late 50s by a British artist for the disarmament of nuclear weapons for the direct action committee DAC. The lines have a meaning that represent the letters N and D. The symbol quickly made it to the US during the 60's and the rest is history. Give me a break. I'm also a Christian and I also love the peace signs for what it represents and that is peace, love, and equality. And I believe that is also a message God represents. Ultra conservative Christians need to relax a little. Live life, it's okay. Love one another and do the right thing. PEACE!!

um if you mean the peace sign like with your fingers hippies used to hold up two fingers to represent the two things they found important sex and drugs. Most people dont know that tho. So it doesnt really matter its just cute and means peace out.

The peace sign tht you would wear on your clothes im less sure about ive heard that it its an upside down cross inside a circle? which looks right but why tht would be associated with peace ill never know lol

Im a christian and i still hold up my peace sign in pics and wear little peace sign bracelets. I think its fine. Most people think its cute and anti-war so as long as you are wearing it for anti-war meanings it should be good.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

peace sign meaning? what do you think?

thanks so much for your responses....

Source(s): peace sign meaning think: https://shortly.im/rTkXZ

Peace sign is a sign that means peace to most but the paranoid.

RE:

Peace sign meaning? what do you think?

It means the same thing now as it did in the 60s...peace. Then it was a protest against the Vietnam war and now it's against the Bush wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm not sure how being a Christian and wearing a peace symbol would be incompatible. Didn't Christ say "blessed are the peacemakers"?

i LUVV peace signs!! i just think they r cute

i think its ok 2 wear them on clothes its cute

I think it is still ok, and i think it still means basically the same thing. i wouldnt wear them all over my shirt, but one is ok. i am also a christian and i think it is perfectly acceptable.