My 18 month old daughter has had diarrhea for 5 days?

If my step son had it he was throwing up and had diarrhea now my daughter has had it for days it is very watery. and like a pail yellow. I cant get her into the doctors til next week I don't know if I should just take her to the er or what. She don't have a temp. I have changed her diaper atlease 10 to 15 times a night and about 20 to 25 during the day

shes eating and drinking fine and yes has tears when she crys. she is fine other then the diarrhea part well the doctor is closed tomarrow and its one now and they close at 4

• Favorite Answer

Why can't you get her in to the doctor's until next week? No doctor would make an infant with diarrhea wait that long. She would be seriously ill from dehydration before then. You need to have her seen sooner. If it lasts any longer, take her to the hospital. Dehydration has serious consequences in young babies and very easily occurs in cases of diarrhea and vomiting. Get her seen and in the meanwhile constantly offer her liquids, atleast every 20 minutes. Don't give her gatorade, it has too much salt in it for little ones and can be harmful. Give her pedialyte. Also, watch her diet. Don't force her to eat solid food if she doesn't want to. If she does want to eat give her crackers, plain pasta, rice, bananas or apples.

If it was me, I would take her to the ER or urgent care if you have one close to where you live. With excessive diarrhea like that, she could get dehydrated very easily. When my first son was 16 months, he had diarrhea for almost 2 weeks, and he had an awful rash on his bottom from it. Anyways, after about 4 days, we took him in and they had to put an IV in to give him fluids. Even though we were making sure he was getting enough water and electrolytes, he still got dehydrated. Good luck, I hope she gets better soon!

The Dr. should be able to see her today. I usually call first thing in the morning when they open and get a first day appointment. Take her to the hospital if they won't take her today or tomorrow. Your daughter may be dehydrated if she's had this for that long. Until you take her, give her pedialyte ( the gerber kind works too, they have it in apple flavor and it tastes just like apple juice) and rice cereal mixed with water instead of milk.

• the only risk with the poops is dehydrations. Is she peeing? Does she have tears when she cries? If no, take her in now! If she does, keep her fluid intake WAY up! at 18 months she can have pedialyte. (no gatorade!) too much sugar. You can get it in popcicle form as well! Just keep pumping the fluids into her and if things don't get better in the next day or 2, take her in. The good thing is, is you know its viral because her step bother has it too, so its not an intestinal infection (yay!) just make sure you monitor her diapers for pee!

poor baby, I'd take her to a walk in clinic or the er, she needs to be looked at by a doctor. Make sure she is drinking lots of water, or pedialite, it helps prevent dehydration which happens with diarrhea.

You need to take her to the doctor now, not next week! After that much diarrhea, she could be dehydrated which can be very dangerous. If you can't get a doctor's appointment, take her to urgent care or the ER.

Source(s): I'm a nurse and mom of 2, ttc#3
  • BJ

That is not normal. Take her to the emergency room as soon as possible. She could be dehydrated.

take her to the ER asap! she may be dehydrated. she has a virus and needs to have replacement fluids

Source(s): RN mother of 8 grandmother of 6

You need to take her to the doc and make sure she's drinking enough so she wont be dehydrated!!!

go to the er what are you waiting on