Camron D asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

In the off-season what can I do to stay in football shape and also get faster?

I am a 5-1 1/2 125 lbs sophmore. Our football team finished 3-7. I am a front runner up for running back next year. I used to run track but I am dedicated to football. I want to stay in football shape and also get faster. I want to find ways also to improve my 40. I want to become the best all-purpose back I can.

Favorite Answer

go back out for track during your off season that'll help with you speed,diet and exercise ie: weight lifting ,running,aerobics, general calstetics, these all keep you in shape, try them and see if it works

I love to hear your excitement. Just remember champions are made in the off season. I know that at a speed clinic that I went to they had us run in the pool with a water parachute on for resistants. Also jog a mile backwards, that helps for explosion out of the back field. DO this and maybe a few other things as well weight training and you will have a great season next year. Good luck.