My son flushed a pull up down the toilet! HELP!?!?

I think my 2 year old flushed a pullup down the toilet. Last night the water in the toilet was very full so we tried to plunge it and it started overflowing like crazy, so we turned the water off and haven't touched it since. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

The good news is, even though they are ultra absorbent I'm sure it hasn't gone very far. It should have taken on enough water to stop it.

However, getting it back may not be easy. What I would suggest is a wire hanger with a small hook bent on the end. This way you can "fish" for it without scratching up the bowl too badly.

Using a sewer tape could push it further in, so try a wire first.

If you have a small hand, you can even feel for it. It probably didn't leave the trap.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): You don't want to know what I've pulled out of em...

Your best choice is to reach your hand in and try to feel the obstruction. If you can pull it out. If you can't feel anything you will need a wire or snake to get into the pipe further. If you still can't reach anything, you should call a plumber.

You can always wash your hands.

• Meri

Go to home depot and buy a toilet snake. Get one of the people there to explain to you how to use it. You can probably snake it out yourself. Just make sure you are getting a toilet snake, not snake you would use in the sink, or it will scratch the inside of your toilet.

While you are there, you might consider one of those baby toilet locks!

Someday this will be funny, I promise you!

if you are unable to get it out from the top, you may need to remove the toilet and put it through from the bottom more than likely its still in the trap of the toilet. If you need to know how to remove the toilet email me at generalhomerepairs@yahoo.com or post another question and I'll walk you through it.

Source(s): over twenty years

You almost have no other choice than to call the plumber. You shouldn't use draino on toilets and you really will need them to snake the drain if it is something that large.

• erly

you may get a closet auger. They sell them at residing house Depot and Lowe's. merely follow the instructions and that i'm specific you will locate this no longer basically saves your cash yet corrects the project.

take the toilet tank out , it might be blocking the pipe. my husband did that when there was long and hard piece of you know what, it was overflowing our bathroom! he took that tank out, and pulled it out.

Yikes! Call a plumber, or a friend you know that has expertise in that area. Yikes!

whats a pullup?

• jeff w

hi

if you cannot reach it by arm then call a plumber

Source(s): personal experience