I have an ipod question...?

I'm really new to this so....I bought 2 ipod shuffles for my daughters for birthday/christmas gifts. I also bought a nano for myself. Because they're all gifts (including mine) I can't open the packaging to read the directions yet. My question is, can you download music onto it from your own cd's (after burning them onto your computer) and can you buy music from other websites (other than the itunes that it comes with)?

I don't want to be stuck just getting all of our music from itunes, so I wanted to check this out before giving them.

• Favorite Answer

you can get the music from your own CDs, torrent websites, and music from other people who give it to you through email & drives; But as for music stores, you cant buy music on napster or rhapsody and play it in iTunes or your iPods, iTunes wants music to be from iTunes, CDs, or as individual files.

Yes you can. I think so. You can use music from other sites or applications other than iTunes to put on any iPod. Just so long as they are in formats that the iPod accepts.

i get free music from limewire.com

yes, you just hook your ipod to your computer and you should be able to.