What? asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 1 decade ago

Where are the taxes cheaper in Katy, TX? Are they on the north or south side of I-10 Interstate Highway?

Favorite Answer

If you're talking property tax, the biggest chunk (about 50%) goes to the Katy Independent School districts. Rates fall quite a bit if you move over the border to the neighboring school districts.

The Taxes will be the same rate on either side of Katy. The rates are set by the city and county and will be not change from one side to another. The property values might change, thus the higher the value the higher the percentage of tax.

I'm not sure but i believe the sales tax in Katy is a little cheaper than Houston's rate, but you still have the wonderful overpriced tax from the state.

Texas Happy Horn is correct.

As for school taxes, Katy ISD taxes are higher than Spring Branch ISD. While my new house is in Houston city limits, I'm in Katy ISD and the tax rate is higher.

taxes should be lower in katy, versus houston period, simply because katy is in fort bend county, and not haris county... for example... in houston a person staying at a hotel will pay nearly 17% in taxes... if you stay in a hotle in sugarland, katy, waller, etc the tax will be 13%.

i live on fry road on the north side. i just paid the following taxes for a 110,491 home:

MUD 17 taxes $1027.57

KISD taxes $1457.77

Harris county Taxes paul bettencourt $650.41

Probably the north. Just a guess since the farther north u go, there's not much of anything......just a guess.