What? asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 1 decade ago

Where are the taxes cheaper in Katy, TX? Are they on the north or south side of I-10 Interstate Highway?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you're talking property tax, the biggest chunk (about 50%) goes to the Katy Independent School districts. Rates fall quite a bit if you move over the border to the neighboring school districts.

• 1 decade ago

The Taxes will be the same rate on either side of Katy. The rates are set by the city and county and will be not change from one side to another. The property values might change, thus the higher the value the higher the percentage of tax.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not sure but i believe the sales tax in Katy is a little cheaper than Houston's rate, but you still have the wonderful overpriced tax from the state.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Texas Happy Horn is correct.

As for school taxes, Katy ISD taxes are higher than Spring Branch ISD. While my new house is in Houston city limits, I'm in Katy ISD and the tax rate is higher.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

taxes should be lower in katy, versus houston period, simply because katy is in fort bend county, and not haris county... for example... in houston a person staying at a hotel will pay nearly 17% in taxes... if you stay in a hotle in sugarland, katy, waller, etc the tax will be 13%.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i live on fry road on the north side. i just paid the following taxes for a 110,491 home:

MUD 17 taxes $1027.57

KISD taxes $1457.77

Harris county Taxes paul bettencourt $650.41

• 1 decade ago

Probably the north. Just a guess since the farther north u go, there's not much of anything......just a guess.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.