What would i have to take in collage to become..?

A manga artist? I am 14 and really like the manga comic books and would like to start my own line, i like drawing, and thinking up a story is no problem ( i also want to be a novelist) . I was curious, what would i have to take to become what i want to become in Collage? like would i have to be Writing and Art? or is there a specific course? Also, is there places where they teach how to draw the characters? i can normally get my body and my head and that stuff, but i have a problem with shading and the ruffles with the clothes. thanks for all answers ^.^

Favorite Answer

spelling

I have never ever heard of a manga artist program in any college. I'd say get an art degree...and then hopefully get an internship with some manga artist people, and they will train you. But I doubt there is a manga program in any 4 year college in America.

writing deffinatly and art well there are different types of art including digital art. it all depends on the college you choose and what majors they offer and based on those majors there will be requirements. you wont have to have writing but i strongly sugest it because 1 itwill help with the narative and two its just another thing to fall back on im majoring in sociology with a minor in communication they both support eachother but at the same time they both support seperate carreers. irs not just a fall back plan but it helps if dreams change

hope this helps and dont forget you still have time to pick a major your still young and some people dont pick a major till sophmore junior year of college

I would say that you should start researching colleges that offer the major that you are wanting and get in contact with them. They will know what basic or core classes that you will need in order to fulfill the major that you are wanting to go into. Your school counselor at school might be able to help point you in the right direction, as it is their job to help with college applications, etc.

you might consider talking to a few college counselors at different colleges. i would guess art, English (there are several creative writing program available--it's not just literature anymore!), computer graphics (to learn how to use the computer as a drawing tool), and maybe some programming if you want to do games, web design, etc.

English 1st, graphic design and art

yea you probably would have to take writing and art....and maybe graphic art or something..i really don't know...plus all the basic courses that everyone has to take...hope this helpe some!

p.s please answer my question!