morylek asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How do i loose one waist size?

I'm a guy, im 14, and im 5"6" my waist size is 31 or 31 and a half, but when i tried on tight jeans in the store and i got size 30 in waist, they were to small and my upper legs were a little big, and size 32 was way too big, and there is no 31 in those type of jeans. Its winter and i usually gain weight, how do i prevent that? and loose one waist size and lose upper leg fat? please help this is very important 2 me!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jogging.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

. First of all, my best suggestion is to learn to eat healthy.

http://www.easy-weightloss-tips.com/eat-healthy.ht...

That means understand the food pyramid, the food groups, the recommended servings, etc. That is how you should eat for life! If you eat that way and have 3 small, healthy meals a day and 2 small, healthy snacks, you will lose weight. Each meal should be less than 400-500 calories and each snack should be about 100-200 calories. Eating highly nutritious foods is the key, so think in terms of lean protein, veggies, whole-grains, fruits, low-fat dairy, and heart-healthy oils.

Make water your main source of hydration and save the sweet drinks (even diet) for special occasions. Eliminate as much salt and sugar from your diet as you can.

The biggest component to fast weight loss is going to be your workout. You will want to make sure you do a good (30 minute minimum) cardio workout every day for weight loss (3 times a week is sufficient to maintain health). Activities that use the large leg muscles burn the most calories. These activities also tone the lower body quite effectively. Think in terms of power walking, jogging, biking, skating, swimming laps, jumping rope, dancing, racquetball, and jumping jacks. To make sure that you're burning fat, you need to be sweating and huffing and puffing. In addition, do some good stretches and some strength training.

http://www.easy-weightloss-tips.com/target-exercis...

You'll find some really good information on the website, including about five pages of weight loss tips, printable weight loss journal pages, printable exercise log sheets, motivational ideas, healthy recipes, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are foods which help to reduce belly fat such as fish with omega-3 fatty acids. Other than that, try kick boxing for 1 hour 3 times a week and Long arm crunches..

• Steve
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You add and gain fat in different areas of the body according to your DNA code that controls this. When losing fat it will be reduced in the reverse order that it was added. The DNA code is inherited and cannot be changed. Fat in the upper legs will be reduced in the same order in which it was added. This might mean having to reduce the overall body fat percentage quite a bit if your DNA code stores fat in the upper legs before other areas.

Losing fat is simple. Fat is the body's way of storing caloric energy derived from food. The caloric energy is stored in the form of fat for times when there may not be enough food. To reduce the caloric energy stored in the form of fat on the body requires expending more caloric energy than one consumes in the form of food over a period of time. Less food intake and/or activities that require more caloric energy will be successful in causing fat stores on the body to be reduced. If a guy's daily activities require more caloric energy than he consumes in food intake during a day, his body will find the caloric energy needed for its activities by using stored caloric energy in the form of fat and his reserve of caloric energy stored as fat will be reduced.

I honestly don't understand why any guy would let the size of jeans a certain manufacturer makes dictate his body shape. There are other clothing manufacturers. Quality control is so poor that five different pairs of identical pants from the same manufacturer can all fit very differently.

So increase daily activities and maybe also decrease food intake a little. Get involved in sports at your school. Wrestling is a winter sport anyone can do. Soccer is a winter sport in many areas. In cold areas, cross country skiing burns a heck of a lot of calories. So does ice hockey. Don't worry if others are better. Even if you don't play during games, workouts and practice are great for getting in shape. Plus you will make a lot of good friends. Walking or light jogging will burn a lot of energy. Walking, jogging or running the same distance burns about the same number of calories. It is about the distance not the time in terms of burning calories. Jogging or running increase cardiovascular fitness more than walking the same distance, but the caloric energy required is about the same. Adding muscle will cause every muscular activity to require more caloric energy; even getting up to go to the refrigerator to get snacks to munch on. This is how one raises ones metabolism. The more muscle added the higher ones metabolism. So, a weightlifting regimen will help in losing fat stores and keeping the fat stores from coming back. Especially increasing the muscular mass in the large muscles of the legs. The muscles in the upper legs and buttocks are the largest muscles on the body and expend the most caloric energy when exercised. Muscle is denser than fat and weighs more. A certain volume of muscle weighs about 40% more than an equal volume of fat. A guy who adds muscle and gets rid of fat can therefore slim down while adding weight. Don't be too worried about weight. Shape and body fat percentage are more important than weight. I also wouldn't be too concerned with current fad fashion trends dictating uncomfortable tight jeans. Khakis that are comfortable and fit well, an all cotton button down or interlock knit polo shirt, a wool pullover crew neck sweater, and a crew cut, ivy league, or short taper cut will win mega brownie points from parents, teachers, coaches, potential employers, college interviewers, a new girlfriend's dad and other adults every teen aged guy is a heck of a lot better off if he can make a great first impression on, plus secret envy from fad bedazzled friends and is always in good taste.

Good Luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • erly
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

of direction that's! consume wholesome, and in case you would be determining that a lot, I advise 3 issues: a million) drink a lot of water 2) locate an interest which you rejoice with and 3) consume ingredients with carbohydrates yet no longer a super variety of fat

• 1 decade ago

Walk. Fast and often. The results will come quicker than you would expect.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Excersise! Get a yoga ball and do pilates they are fun!

• 1 decade ago

run run

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.