Me. asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

I messed up my family?

I have 3 B's, 1 C, 2 A's for this one semester getting used to high school and my parents just don't care. They assume I should be top on everything and should be getting A+ on every class. My parents recently just went to a conference and they found out I have all B's and they come home last night yelling at me and telling me I'm a failure to this family. My dads even pissed enough he said he should just abandon this family since I alone can't do anything right. My mom is telling him to calm down and now he is ignoring my mom and my mom even slept in the living room because hes just pissed off. My brother is 23 and said he can't deal with all this arguing so hes staying over a friends house. So if I f***ed up this family, fine I think I shouldn't bother staying here anymore. I'm honestly pissed off that I don't care whether I die in the streets or anything. Call me a stupid teen, whatever.

Favorite Answer

dont blame yourself. he is frustrated about something else and taking it out on you. its not right, but its not your fault.

YOU ARE NOT STUPID AND YOU DID NOT DO ANY THING WRONG if your dad is pissed fine but nobody leaves their family because there kids grades are low he is being a jerk but don't put yourself on the street that only hurts you don't give him the satisfaction he has hurt you enough all ready if you must leave find a safe place with friends or family

Source(s): i had a dad like that and he was wrong about me and most othe things too

Your parents are wrong for telling you that you're a failure. Even if you had all F's, they still should not be calling you a failure. Ask them for help with your homework or have them help you study for a test. Let them know that you are doing your best. Don't run away. Talk to your parents and tell them why your upset. If need be, talk to your Mom first. You are not a failure....if you're doing your best then you'll be fine!

Your father has a problem. Having all B's is good there's is nothing wrong with all B's. If you had all F's then I could see him getting upset but not with all B's.

My wife is a teacher and she says, great job! She sitting right here with me.

Your dad needs to lighten up and ask teachers what they think about all B's for a student and he'll fine that it's a good grade. Naturally A's would be better but I definitely would not complain about B's... I'm saying to you, GREAT JOB!

No offence but your mum and dad are putting to much pressure on you

A+ isnt easy you know only really clever people get it if they dont care its their problem with your grades you could get a job that gives you over 50,000 pound a year talk to a teacher or a adult you can trust like a aunty or uncle and sort this **** out! Best way

Are they expecting you to get into college? Do they believe that you are a genius who's just blowing off school work? The grades are OK but not great. I'd ground my kids for those grades - we have a no Cs and more As than Bs rule. You need to study more so you can get ahead.

However, your parents have overreacted.

well i've had that feeling before. like you dint care whatever the f*ck happens to you

but i got over it, eventually;

since your dad really cares about your grades, you should actually start studying harder than before and WOW your dad. He obviously needs to chill because that was overreacting. When you ace a test, just bring it to your dad and say you really want to try agaun and you'll get straight A's this time.

& getting straight A's isnt that hard. You gotta want it, to get it.

well goodluck with your family!

Don't beat yourself up! (If you don't mine) Your dads a total knob! He does not have the right to say that to you, you should call some authority about this or something because this is outrageous. You have not messed up your family, its your dad. He is saying all this and starting all these arguments, can't you see its him? Terrible father... he should be supporting you not yelling at you.

• April

Trust me its not your fault. Your parents should want the best for you, thats their job, but it should be handled in a better way. It sounds to me like there are other issues that need to be delt with, this particular situation is probably just an outlet for unresolved problems.

you didnt mess yp your family your parents just say that because they know you can do better and all i can say is just forgive them and nobody is a disgrace to this family and just know nobody can't tell you what you are only you can and i really hope you don't think you really just want to just die in this streets that is crazy just try harder if you got all b's that is not bad at all, you are doing excellent and i know that people can do better but their father or mother never said they are a disgraced to this family oh yea

you are doing a great job.. they shouldn't be putting so much pressure on you, that's not right. just ignore it; it's only going to stress you out and bring you down. then your grades will actually get bad.

there is nothing wrong with B's or C's.