Who thinks Marriage & Divorce should be 2 separate categories?

Favorite Answer

I do. I love answering marriage questions, but I hate answering divorce questions. I never even try to answer questions like...

How long does it take to get a divorce?

How much does a divorce cost?

What happens in a child custody hearing?

How can I get a divorce if I'm a stay at home mom?

Ugh, I get sick of those. Maybe I would have more sympathy if I had ever been divorced, but I'm one of those weirdo happily married people.

As one who is married of course marriage should be insulated from divorce. However with this being combined at time people who are having problems the strong ones can help them. Yes you will have weird ones, heart aches, and the walking wonded. I gues that's why Mary was invited and the washed Jesus's feet! What better way to show the damaged people of the earth how to cope but to give the answers that illustrate there is hope. I know with only the few days i have visited comming through the divorce window a couple of times I say...Thanks. I can tell those answers that women have in ther heart. Yes maybe we give hope to those who are in pain or do we wish to sit at the front of the church and not invite them in. Since Yahoo is autralia based I wonder if Hillsongs has any influence.

Thanks for listening try not to be to liberal with response Obama Fans.

You can't have divorce without marriage. BUT, I was married once and then I was divorced, once. Those are two different things and times. Where are these categories in,anyway? That might make the difference.

Source(s): life

Since they are not often amiable partings of the ways I would agree.

I do not celebrate them as one. There's no need to tempt folks to wander over with rainbows and sunshine to the divorce threads or to rain on the parades the other way around.

That would happen often enough without them being combined in a single topic I think.

How can one be divorced? When they marry...Instead of having a lot of subsections they just put all in one...If There is one category for Marriage and another for Divorce, then there has to be one for Separated, Seperated but Living Together...and so on..It's just easier like this.

Source(s): Catholic Girl

Well, technically, they do go hand in hand....

It would be nice if they were separate categories, but where would the separated go? LOL

Yes I agree, should we petition Yahoo answers?

Yes, I was pretty off-put when I first came on here.

• AJ

I agree

agree all the way on this one.