How can I find a good Church?

I was raised til I was 10 in the Catholic Church (born and raised in Germany) Now I live is the USA and would like to find a good church but do not know where to start. I find that some church are all about how evil we all are and some are full of people who go to church but do not follow even the basic 10 commandments.

Favorite Answer

The same way you find a "good psychic". Neither really exist.

This is going to be difficult. I have tried and only found that man runs most church's now. Not God. The problem I run into is Churches I have been to are divided. You have one group on the left and a group on the right sides of the church. the people in the middle have yet to decide what side they are on. Most of the time these are the supporters and non-supporters of the pastor. So, Who knows what to do? I myself find it difficult to get anything out of church when it is so corrupt. I pray that you find one that suits you and heck, let me know what you find. For my patients have grown thin with the issue...... Thanks

P.S. Jehovah's witness has a large flaw that I have yet to get an answer to. Every time a different group of Jehovah's witnesses come to my house. I ask them about the 144,000 people getting into heaven. They say yes that is true. Then I ask if 144,000 Jehovah's witnesses have died? They say yes. Then I ask whats the point. I get a confused look and I close the door.

Where unselfishness is the rule, and no slightest accommodation for selfishness is allowed; Why? Because unselfishness is all that Jesus taught, so why would there be any selfishness in the church. This means, there ought to be no mention of anything that profits the speaker nor the hearer, in this world; rather only that which profits the well being of others. This would be a good church.

• Misty

Head back to the Catholic Church. To find one near you go to:

http://www.masstimes.org/

Attend RCIA and find out what the Catholic faith truly teaches. You may be surprised.

• Rene

It depends. Do you want to hear the full gospel of Jesus Christ? If so, go to a full gospel church. If you want to hear a Priest spouting off repetitive prayers, go to a Catholic Church. If you want to go to a church that is liberal, go to a United Methodist Church. Either way, you can look them up in the Yellow Pages.

Maybe the question should be re-phrased as "is it possible that there even IS a good church?" ...much like the question..."can I lick my own genitals?"...the answer is a resounding no...although, I'd much prefer that I would be able to do the latter rather the former...more fun and won't cause me mental damage and perpetuate insanity!!

ask the holy spirit to lead u to a good church - i know he will - so keep your ears open for someone will be inviting u to church and when they do - go - do not hesitate - the lord has many blessings awaiting u -peace be with u

There aren't any GOOD churches on this planet, or good religions either. A few are tolerable like Buddhism or Taoism, namely, not totally out of odds with a sane ethic or totally devoid of intellectual content....most are beyond pathetic.

However, I hear that planet Vulcan has a kind of religion devoted to logic and science and it's good.

Good luck finding a warp drive or jump drive to get you to Vulcan!

I like the Klingon Church even better, suits my needs better.

Here's a passage from the Klingon Bible

"If thou shouldst come upon a stranger in the street DESTROY him!"

"If thy wife offend thee, CUT HER OFF! [at least don't let her get your credit cards!]

"Three can keep a secret if TWO of them are dead!"

I like that!

A lot like the good old pagan religion of Conan the Barbarian!

Q: Conan, what is good in life?

Conan: Crush your enemies,

See them driven before you...

And hear the lamentation of the women!"

Yeah, that's GOOD religion!

there is good and bad in all churches. Pray and ask God to help you find a church. And go for one reason. To be fed, and to grow in the Gospel. Do not go for man, or for man's reasons. Go for YOU and go For GOD!!!!

look for a bible based and spirit filled church, after asking God for direction. Then convince yourself ,that you want a church where you will serve God and not after people's weakness and short comings.

Pentecostal, Charismatic, and Apostolic are the ones that are up to date as far as actually accepting what Christ taught. That we have a spirit in us that is very powerful. And we should use it, but in ethical ways. But they too still have a long way to go as far as accepting all the possibilities that creates.