3 days of severe neck pain and counting...?

It feels like someone cracked a bat over the back of my neck, the pain has been very consistent for the past three days. I didnt do anything that would strain or sprain my neck, the only thing recently was about a month ago when I was in a car accident. Is it possible for me to be experiencing pain like this a month later, or did I just sleep wrong and I should wait it out?

Favorite Answer

Asa chiropractic intern, I can tell you that you are definitely feeling the effects of the automobile accident. During the first 4 weeks after an accident, your tissue is healing to be able to support all the joints. You actually have had laxity in your neck for the last month (whether you noticed it or not). As the tissue tightens back up, any joints that are misaligned are now going to be forced into positions they are not used to. In addition, since your neck is not holding all the weight it is supposed to( because of this misalignment), the neck muscles have to take up any slack. All these issues cause pain in your neck area.

You really need to see a chiropractor. They will be able to adjust your neck and put those joints back in the proper alignment. This will help take the pressure of the muscles and restore stability to your neck area.

I wish you the best of luck with this.

• Janet

Hey, I don't want to scare you but I think you should forget about waiting for a doctor to open, and just take her straight to the hospital. They usually see you straight away if you have chest pain, as they don't like to take chances with it. I'm no doctor so I'm not sure, but she could also have Athsma or be coming down with something? Either way it is best to attend to this problem straight away, for peace of mind if nothing else. Good luck and I hope she feels better soon xo

Sometimes you can do some heavy lifting, then several days later your muscles all tense up all at once. Take an anti-inflammatory to help. If it lasts more than 5-7 days, get it checked out. Try applying heating pads as well.

I would try going to a chiropractor. I was in a wreck and I didn't experience any pain right away. It was about 2 months later and they found out thatI had severe whiplash and really bad nerve damage