Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If entrepreneurs can create jobs, can they also destroy jobs?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well a high unemployment report is good for business and bad for people, it lower the wages for labor because of the increased amount of people looking for jobs.

• 1 decade ago

That which can be created may be dismantled. However you can neither create nor destroy matter nor energy but simply convert them back and forth.

Hence E=mc2 and jobs may be created and dismantled but they cannot be destroyed. The workers can go get another job. The entrepreneur need only apply basic math to know that a job not worth paying for is a job not worth performing. Hence he gives the worker up to the tender mercies of the market place.

Right now, the mercies are not too tender and there aint enough legal tender to hand out mercy. So workers and jobs are there, but there's not tender.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sure - when you build a better mousetrap, and decide to mass-produce it, the result is new jobs building the better mousetrap but the loss of jobs producing the obsolete mousetrap. And if the mousetrap is that good, perhaps mousetraps in general would become obsolete.

But we work to consume - we don't consume to create an excuse to work. If this were the garden of eden, we wouldn't create jobs just to keep busy.

So you have to look at the economy from the consumer's perspective - the consumer gets a better mousetrap.

Replace "mousetrap" with "automobile" and you understand why we shouldn't bail out Detroit.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, by demanding their investment back, just as credit card companies or banks can destroy families by demanding the debts be paid in full in the next 30 days.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i will not hire any obama supporters--and the two employees who voted for him--i laid off--my new tax plan--

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yep

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you can make it, then you can break it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.