Johnny ` asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Help! Cat ate string ?

I have two cats, and the one like to bring me this string (almost the thickness of a shoe lace, from my sweater) and i drag it around for him to chase. Well my new second cat chewed it and ate the middle part and now some tiny bits are coming out of his bum. If i give it time, will he get better? What should i do, please help ! (trying to think of what i can do without taking him to the vets) Thank you in advance.

Favorite Answer

My cat done the same thing, just wait and as long as he's not getting sick or acting weird and he is passing it along it will all eventually come out, if you are really worried about it then just take him to the vet to make sure nothing is stuck or messed up.

Source(s): my kitten did that a month ago!
  • ?

Take them to the vet! My cat ate 17 hairties that he had just been playing with around the house for months....he had to have a major surgery that cost me $2300!

Oh boy, been there done that, my Fudge-Ums ate string and later that day we noticed it hanging out of his butt, if this happens to your cat please don't pull on the string, its possible that it can wrap around his intestines and he will need surgery. Just make sure he is going to the litter box and keep an eye on him.

did you call the vet and asked them what you can do. Just keep a eye on him and see if he pasts more of it.

As long as you can see that your cat is passing it then he should be just fine.

like humans if u eat it you will poo it i wouldnt worry if he isnt vomitting or choaking and is still eatiing and poopin then its all fine also check for a high temprature

if cat is pooping it out then nothing to worry about

He's fine. Let him poop it out. He'll probably do it again. And poop it out again.

• eyJude

Keep watching...