Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

can smoking be a relife of stress ?

i am still really young 14, but me and my best-friend started smoking already. In the passed 2 months i have become seriously addicted... I feel like it is a Relief of stress, as i have moved out of my moms house and in with my dad and i turn to it every time. my dad knows about me smoking but he cant stop me and noes what im going through as he has started smoking when he was 13

please help im scared of dieing young but cant stop myself!!!!

• Bec
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it can be. But it's not good for you at all. Especially at your age it's bad to smoke because it will stunt your growth. I suggest you start on a niccotine patch and chew gum alot, it will help you stop.

Don't worry about it - you aren't going to die for many decades, smoking or not. Actually, you are in a great position, with your dad already knowing that you smoke. You should be able to smoke freely at home with your dad, and even get him to buy you cigarettes so that you can smoke all you want.

For now, just smoke and enjoy the privilege, and don't worry. If it will make you feel better, promise yourself that you will quit when you get pregnant.

• Bee

You havent been smoking long so it shouldnt be hard... try having a coke or a chocolate bar with your when you get a craving.... it will go away soon enough! I was the same way I was 13....... haha my bf at the time gave me some.... then I had my uncle buy them for me when I went to my grandmas....lol

Haha wasnt hard for me but I did get even more addicted to chocolate... haha I guess if your like I was skinny as a rail it isnt gonna hurt u much....lol

Please try to stop now, it only gets worse and before you know it, You cannot stop and you hate yourself for it. I do believe there are many things smoking does: appetite control,lowers blood pressure and reduces stress. I have smoked for many years and I wish I had never lit the first one!