outerspace goes on forever should it still be creating itself somewhere and if so what is there before?

this is for a school project if you can include a link that would be great

Favorite Answer

According to the most recent images the radiation from the "end" of the universe is almost, but not quite, uniform. It actually appeard flat, which would indicate an infinite universe. However, according to Michu Kaku (Theoretical physicist and pioneer of superstring theory) the divices used to measure any curvature probably wouldn't have detected a curve anyway because it would be so slight (don't forget it has to encompass the whole universe, so that's a pretty damn big sphere. So it's still a don't know on that one. I personally like the expanding spherical model best but I just want to know, one way or the other! According to the red-shift we see on far away objects everything in the universe is moving away from everything else very fast, which is the most convincing evidence you hope for to show an expanding universe.

So it is still creating itself. There was nothing before the universe expamdeed to these places, no time, no space, nothing. Hard to imagine bu certainly physically possible.

Oh, and Mum of 2 or whatever your name is, I hope you are joking but somehow doubt it. I genuinely wish your kids good luck. They're gooing to need it with all that truthy bible science fun they'll be having!

It's generally understood to be curved, i.e. closed in on itself. That means that a straight line drawn in any direction would eventually meet up with itself coming the other way, very like the way walking in an apparently straight line on the surface of Earth would eventually bring you back to the same place. However, it's also considered to be constantly expanding. Having said that, it isn't expanding into anything, but actually creating space. One way of looking at it would be to say that it will take longer and longer to come back to the same place if you went in a straight line in any direction.

"outerspace" does not exactly go on forever. the universe is basically spherical, and is expanding from the center out.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answer...

You have to remember that the big bang was not an explosion IN space, it was an explosion OF space. Yes, space is still expanding.

TELL YOU'RE TEACHER TO STUDY THE BIBLE BEFORE THEY GIVE OUT ASSIGNMENTS LIKE THIS. I WOULD BE SO UPSET IF MY CHILD WAS BEING TAUGHT THIS IN SCHOOL BUT THAT'S WHY I HOME SCHOOL!