Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Just being curious, does anyone have piercings/tattoos that they regret?

Well, I have one small tattoo on my stomach which I am thinking about getting covered up, and 2 piercings (lip & navel)...my navel piercing I love, but my lip, not so much. I've only had it for close to 4 months, and I'm getting it taken out today because I think its stupid now, and for the fact that its been giving me some problems (soreness, tenderness, etc)

When I initially got my lip done, I didn't want a lip ring. I really wanted a Monroe but the piercer was waiting on a jewelery shipment so I just said what the hell. Now, I really really regret ever getting it. While it was cute for the moment, and alot of ppl liked it on me, I just hate it now, and its not worth the pain that comes with it when it starts to show signs of infection all of a sudden.

I'm just mad at myself for not making a rational decision from the jump. So if anybody reads this that doesn't have a tattoo/piercing, or anyone who is thinking about getting more, really think about it beforehand. It's not worth wasting money over only to regret it in the end.

Update:

Lol...yeah, my tattoo is my nickname that my dad used to call me when I was little...and I regret it cause no one calls me my nickname anymore...lol. I got it cause I thought it was cute. And whenever I go to the beach, ppl always come up to me calling me my nickname. It's so annoying.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My first tattoo was on my hip, and I just don't really show it off anymore. I'm keeping it because my dad got it for me, and it was my first tattoo. I truly believe that most people have a moment of doubt about their first tattoos; which is like me now, but I don't regret it.

The only ones i edo regret are the two I have with a girl i used to be friends with. It was a stupid idea to get a matching tattoo with a friend. Family is ok, they're always gonna be your family.. but friends aren't always going to be your friends.

• starry
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I have 2 stars (on my hip) that I very much regret. I'm getting it removed today (i need to complete atleast 8-12 sessions costing me over a G [$1000]). I got it cause I thought it was cute too, now I'm ashamed of it because it's not who I am.. I really wanted a huge tiger on my back and i should've just stuck with the idea. Those two stars look stupid and although guys tend to compliment alot, I hate it!!! I also had my tongue pierced which I regretted so I took that out also. Piercings are okay because you can take them out whenever, wherever without it being permanent. I've always wanted the monroe piercing too! And yuppp.

• 1 decade ago

I have three tattoos, and I'm only eighteen. I had mulled over all my tattoos for months before I got any of them, and hopefully this will help me not regret anything.

When I was 15, I had a LOT of piercings in my ears, and I eventually ended up taking out a lot of them because they hindered my ability to get a job. I used to have my navel pierced, and I still want my lip pierced, but my job has a "no visible piercings or tattoos" rule, and I don't have the time to wait for the piercing to heal so I can get a retainer.

Such is the adult life. Funnily enough, you can't legally get a piercing without parental consent until 18 xD

• 1 decade ago

The only one I was bummed about is I had my nipples pierced.. They never really healed right- and then once they started healing I had to go into surgery, so they made me take them out- I was mad I spent the money- BUt I want to get them re- done because they looked great in my opinion. Not to excited about taking my top off again thought-- klittle uncomfortable, But other then that no- I LOVE all my tatts and my piercings

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have a tattoo on my leg of a big ugly peace sign and i hate it. its terrible looking, but I will not cover it up, its a great example to why young ones should not get tattooed before they're 18. I laso had one of those monroe peicrings on my lep years ago, when I took it out, it left a scar and now it looks like I have one really big pore on my lip. Its aweful, although I loved the peircing, if i had known it would leave the scar, i wouldn't have done it.

• Laura
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I wouldn't say regret....but maybe some second thoughts on placement...and obviously after they are on your skin you can't move them.

My tattoos are all cosmetic (for decoration, not permanent make-up)...except one that means a little something to me. My chest piece is kind of high, when I got it I wanted it to show all the time and not worry about it getting distorted with time and gravity.....well it isn't going to distort, but now I'm a professional and have to dress rather conservative at the office. I still like my chest piece, just in hind sight would of gotten it lower.

• 1 decade ago

I have a tattoo on my hip-ish area. lol. And sometimes I regret it because the guy didn't do that great of a ob. but I still love what it means.

I had my naval pierced and it got tore and infected and I had to take it out, so yeah... I kinda regret that one :P

• 1 decade ago

i have seven tattoos, dont regret any of them, but they all have to do with family and my beliefs. ive had my tounge done before and a few other piercings and i didnt fear getting those at all because you can take them out anytime you want and they heal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i have a tattoo and i dont regret it b/c its something that represents who i am. A piercing you can remove it but a tattoo is for life

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont regret any but i regret not being able to add on to them right now. i have a halfsleave around a nautical star on my left shoulder and i have another nautical star on my right shoulder, but i dont have the money to get anything around it so its kinda plain right now. i got both stars at the same time and filled in around the first one about 6 months ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.