whats wrong with my face!!!!!!!!!?????

i bought eyeliner one day. i wear Alto of it. this eyeliner i bought it was the first time trying it out. i fell asleep with my make up on a few times. now i have these little bumps under my eyes and they hurt if i touch them.they're kinda dry. i also bought this cover up. it was also my first time trying it out. my whole face got little red blemishes and i got also little bumps.i think its an allergic reaction. but in case it is what can i do or buy to make it go away. my face is really dry too.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Banish under-eye bumps: I have little white bumps on the skin under my eyes. What are they?

    A Those bumps are most likely milia, says Audrey Kunin, M.D., a Kansas City, Mo.-based dermatologist and the author of The DERMAdoctor Skinstruction Manual (Simon & Schuster, 2005). "Milia are essentially whiteheads that have closed over themselves," Kunin explains. "While a normal whitehead would rupture and go away, milia have developed a thin cover of skin cells that causes them to harden and turn into cysts." The cyst then pushes up under, but not through, the surface of the skin, causing stubborn bumps that won't go away.

    It's easier to prevent new milia from forming than to clear up existing bumps. Though switching to lighter products may cause the milia to eventually disappear on their own, more often they must be punctured in order to remove the debris that's accumulated inside, Kunin says. This is a delicate procedure in the sensitive eye area, she warns, and should only be done by a dermatologist; never attempt it yourself, as scarring can result.

    RELATED ARTICLE: Baffled by bumps?

    Here are some other eruptions that can appear on your face and body:

    Blackheads occur when pores, the minute openings in the skin's surface, become occluded with a combination of dirt, oil and dead skin cells. Blackheads are noninflammatory (meaning they don't have the infection and redness that accompanies a pimple) and are usually concentrated in the oily T-zone area, especially on and around the nose. Regular use of an exfoliant, either physical (e.g., a scrub) or chemical (e.g., a face wash with salicylic or glycolic acid) can help to get rid of a moderate blackhead problem. A dermatologist-prescribed topical retinoid can also help treat more persistent problems.

    Ingrown hairs are those that have curled over and re-penetrated the skin, causing the area to become inflamed and sometimes painful. Ingrowns most commonly occur in areas where the hair is removed frequently, such as the legs, and are especially persistent in the bikini area, where hair is coarser and curlier. Regular exfoliation can help prevent ingrowns, as can the use of an exfoliating solution like Tend Skin ($20; sephora.com).

    Pustules are ordinary pimples and occur where the body has high concentrations of oil glands, such as the face, chest and back. They result when oil, dead skin cells and bacteria trapped in the hair follicle cause it to swell and eventually burst. When one bursts, the infection spreads into the surrounding tissue, causing the redness and swelling that are the hallmarks of a pimple. Over-the-counter creams with salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide can help clear up pustules. Your dermatologist can treat severe and painful pustules with a cortisone injection, which helps speed up the healing process.

  • 1 decade ago

    You are having an allergic reaction i suggest trying a different product line.

    good luck :o)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.