mikey asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Dallas Cowboys Fans question?

Yes, they did win against the 49ers on Sunday, which which moves their record to 7-4. But were you upset with their defense? They gave up 22 points. They weren't really covering all too well. So, does this make you think they won't get to far? Or do you think with the return of pacman will help them?

Favorite Answer

they covered fine....they gave up 14 pts at the end of the game when they were subbing half of their def. starters.

They held Gore...one of the best backs in the league to under 40 yards....with newman back, they can go to more one on one coverage, thus leaving an extra linebacker in the box to stop the run....

It seemed like the Defense did let up a bit later in the game. However, I think the Cowboys should have tried to run the ball more when the game was basically decided in the second half. I would have liked to see them run off time on the clock and practice effective game management. They won't always be able to have a comfy lead in games and this was the time to work on that. I can't give the Defense much credit for the work done against te 49ers but I can give them a little credit for their game against Washington. This week's game shouldn't be that much different considering Seattle is playing like trash lately. My concerns are still there, however because they will have to play Pittsburg and the Giants and they NEED to pull of at least one win there. I'm hoping it's against the Giants for divisional purposes.

Source(s): Zi

I think they still did good on defense and when Pacman comes they will do better. You're right the cowboys defense was a little bad in second half but in the first half it was really great. When got three sacks in a row in the first quarter and then they got a safety right after that after blocking a punt and also stopped a punt at the 1- yard line b/c of the injury to Rossum while the punt was being kicked. They also forced a fumble and recovered it and got an interception. It all fell apart in the second half when they weren't agressive at all. It just was slipping away but it was their offense that carried them the rest of the way. I think Pacman can help them in a lot of ways. He can return kicks real good and I think Pacman will be a good addition to the poor pass DEF.

The Cowboys haven't been covering too well all season long. Next year they will need to get some good safeties because the guys they have back there are horrible. PacMan will help some but probably not as much as they would need to make the quality impact they will need for a deep playoff run. The good news is that they still have time to get better and get the solid play they will need in the playoffs but they have very little room for error. Anymore than 2 losses and they are done.

Actually, their defense played very well. The only reason they gave up those two touchdowns was because they were so much ahead and they were playing a prevent defense. They held them in the red zone a couple of times to only field goals. The defense is improving, especially the run defense they only had 29 or so rushing yards on us which is excellent...and if you look at last weeks game we also played great defense holding Clinton Portis to only 60 or so yards and only 9 point total. The defense is only getting better. Watch for a great game this Thurs!!!

GO COWBOYS

I think that all in all they played better then they have been. That's not saying too much. Now with pacman back maybe the defense will get better. We have a long way to go before the playoffs. I can tell you my heart stopped when Jason Witten got hit i just knew he was going to have to miss a couple of games after that.

LETS GO COWBOYS

Well, I was disapointed in the defense in the end. In the first half we shut them down in the red zone multiple times. I think the defense will step up when it needs to but they need to play consistent all four quarters to win at least 4 out of the next 5...

Dallas will make it to the playoffs as a Wildcard!

Their D was actually good overall in that game.

They had some key stops inside the 10 yard line, they sacked hill a few times, and pressured him on several occasions. I think they let up a little bit when the game was out of hand late.

Overall.. 7 out 10 performance.

Well I think they just fig. 'hey we're ahead let up a bit" which isn't a good way to think but I am not that disapointed as long as we win. They better use their energy when we go to Pittsburg and when we play the Giants and Baltimore because these games are the big games we have to play.

players have been hurt all year long, have 2 rookie corners playing on defense on nickel packages- T Newman is back, only his second game, Romo is back only second game back from injury and still put up over 300 yards passing even with a wrapped up pickle finger...give it time baby, everything is going to be fine

Pacman can go play special teams, i dont want that bum in my secondary