Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Im going to a Gnostic church for the first time this week, what can I expect?

How should I dress? Should I bring my own bible? Is it a tight nit congregation? Will the service most likely be small? Any answers like these would be helpful.... especially the "what to wear" issue for me and my fiance.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That's so cool. Your going to a gnostic church, so if they are truly gnostic, you don't have to worry about how you are dressed or anything. Don't bring your bible, if they are truly gnostic the bible is definitely not the only scripture they will be using. I hope you have a great time, Im jealous.

• 1 decade ago

If you are going to a church that teaches Gnosticism you are looking at a church that completely goes against the word of God. In Gnosticism there are many beliefs rolled into one- to make it humanistic instead of Christian- It is not about the truth of Christ there, you can be sure of that. If you are looking for truth, don't go, because you will not find it there.

• 1 decade ago

Nobody here can answer that question. All gnostic churches are completely different from each other. But you can certainly expect it to be small and informal.

• 1 decade ago

Read 1 John before you go.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i don't know...i'm just not sure...oh, sorry, i thought you said A-gnostic!

• 1 decade ago

a good nap

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.