Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 1 decade ago

Is it a bad sign if, when placing your football bet, the bookie laughs at you?

Update:

What's wrong with a 49ers/Bengals parlay?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes I do believe that ia a bad sign.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I think the bookies would have seen the scope for this fraud long ago. The type of bet you describe is a correct score and scorer forecast, where you name the scorer of the first or last goal, and the final score after 90 minutes. If there is a dispute over a player not being included in the team, a bookie may be willing to settle the bet just on the correct score, or cancel the bet. Arbitration in betting matters is usually through the Racing Post or the Sporting Life, since bets are not legally binding, the courts won't touch betting disputes. Therefore the bookie does not legally have to pay even a genuine winning bet, so they are hardly likely to cough up where the punter is being less than honest.

• 1 decade ago

It's a little funny, but there is nothing wrong with a 49ers/Bengals parlay... other than the fact that all parlays and teasers are bad bets.

Of course, I'll be looking for a couple teams to tease this week. I can be a sucker as well.

• Hollis
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

bad sign placing football bet bookie laughs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Maybe the bookie is just trying to get in your head....which it looks like he did :p

• 1 decade ago

It could be taken that way. Or maybe he just remembered a funny joke.....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably you just made a mistake..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.