When obama introduces gun control will there be another civil war?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Im from australia and i can sense it
Update : Yeah aca is my fifth sense
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Not without guns. There would have likely been a popular uprising against Hitler if he had not already confiscated all the guns from Germany's citizens.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
anus
  • Comment

Other Answers (20)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Micah J answered 5 years ago
    I don't understand why so many people feel like gun control is remedy for crime and violence! Not you, the people responding. Go research all the places that take guns away that don't have tight grip on supply. Violent crimes increase! Guess who is to our South? Mexico! With our porous border and successful drug trade what makes you people think that taking all registered guns away (law abiding citizens register their guns and are mostly sportsmen) that all those with unregistered guns(criminals) are suddenly going to stop using them? Also, the 2nd amendment is in place to protect the government from the people... Take away the guns and the only person who has guns is the government and people who have them illegally.

Obama has said that he will not try to take away guns... He would probably like to but our country won't have it... He may try to mobilize initiatives at state levels... Watch out! Sometimes people can be sneaky!
    • Comment
  • Avner Eliyahu R answered 5 years ago
    I would say it is very possible.
    • Comment
  • Home-School-produces-winners answered 5 years ago
    There already is gun control in every state in the USA. Federal, State, local governments all have statutes controlling the sale and use of handguns. If the Federal Government tries to confiscate guns, there will be big trouble. There are not enough prison cells to hold those who would not cooperate with voluntary confiscation. I do expect other methods to be used. Obama and the democrat congress may tax ammunition, maybe $20 a bullet. Restrictive reloading laws. Expand gun free zones. However, the second ammendment to the constitution states it's a God given right to keep and bear arms.
    • Comment
  • Warren T answered 5 years ago
    Possible and the conservatives will have all the guns.
    • Comment
  • nagudmit answered 5 years ago
    if he tries, there will be. i have no doubts about that.
    • Comment
  • mike truss answered 5 years ago
    It will depend on how far reaching his gun control plan is. From latest reports his gun control program is designed to remove guns from the inner city where violent crime is most prevalent.

If the plan becomes more far reaching. The United States could find itself with several states in armed rebellion. Especially in the western and southern states.

I doubt very much if his gun control plan will succeed to any large degree.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ohbrother answered 5 years ago
    This is how Obama plans to circumvent our Second Amendment. His Senate Bill S.2433 puts us under the U.N. Millennium Declaration that calls for the banning of all hand guns and light weapons world wide. It is his Global Poverty Act that gives over to the U.N. 846 billion of our tax dollars besides what we already give in aid. It also puts us under the Kyoto Protocol that allows Mexico, China and India to pollute as much as they want but if American industry exceeds a preset carbon emission, we will have to pay billions to the U.N. Here is an accurate summary of the Bill.

http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/...
    • Comment
  • Whisper 08 answered 5 years ago
    If he does a BAN it won't have much effect but it will make gun dealers a good profit. Many buyers will be purchasing uppers, parts doing trades etc.... That is what happened during the Clinton era.

Currently in the USA all Gun MFG's shelves are empty and they are producing at top speeds to fill orders.

Obama can't abolish guns/rifles as the 2nd amendment in Washington was challenged and the Judges found in favor of the people.

Obama will do as much as he can but the democrats in many States and Districts are conservative and if they vote for any of Obama's plans they will risk losing the next election.
    • Comment
  • Adam B answered 5 years ago
    You can "sense" it, huh? Anything else you're sensing?

The president doesn't have the power to introduce new legislation by himself. And the Congress cannot enact laws which conflict with the Constitution if they want the laws to stick around.
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Miss Dupont answered 5 years ago
    Obama would not live to see the day (you do understand what I mean), people will never give up the 2nd Amendment and they should not have too. Still, I hate guns and will never own one or live in a house with one.
    • Comment
  • MSU69 answered 5 years ago
    Here we go every four years the NRA and its troops bring out the fear card that if Democrat is elected president they will take away your guns. As usual its the same old tune how about trying to look the real issues of this country like the failed economy of the Bush years.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Cheryl answered 5 years ago
    Maybe, but first they would have to change our constitution, which by the way they have been trying to do for years. They manipulate the meaning of our constitution to fit their own belief.

Separation of Church and State was a letter from a concerned Baptist preacher who did not want this country to become a Catholic nation.

The Dem's (Liberals) used it in order to remove GOD from our schools, and the Ten Commandments from our courts.

1. S-x outside of wedlock ok there is always abortion, adultery not a grounds for divorce.

2. Need a definition for marriage is it man with man, woman with woman, or 1 MAN and 1 WOMAN?

3. Criminals have more rights than their victims do. Criminals treated like they are truth tellers and victims like they are liars.

4. Money grows on trees. Tax, tax, tax. And if they only find lint in your pockets, they will tax you for that. Death does not stop the tax man.

5. Pay countries who hate us to continue to not like us and then invite them to come and live in our country. Where the Libs will take the rights belonging to American citizens and give them to the terrorists.

Source(s):

I am going to hang out with the Republicans.
    • Comment
  • Bob S answered 5 years ago
    Unfortunately, he will, and that will probably be the result.
    Americans have had enough of this type of tyranny. It is just too bad that it is so likely to come to such a horrible event.

If you voted for Obama, this is YOUR fault.
    • Comment
  • 5th Watcher answered 5 years ago
    So far Obama has shown ZERO interest in changing gun control laws in any way, so this is pretty much just a conspiracy theory.
    • Comment
  • Call me-C-4-Curious- answered 5 years ago
    If he sends people with guns to take away the guns of those who won't co-operate, I would say let the best man win!
    • Comment
  • otto2294 answered 5 years ago
    did you just watch a current affair?

why the thumbs down. this show in australia just ran a 10 minute segmant about how gun sales are up in america and interviewed a bunch of americans who gave the impression theyd like civil war before gun control
    • Comment
  • Proud to be APBT answered 5 years ago
    He can not change the constitution. He may give us stricter limits to guns, but he can not take away our rights to bare arms. He doesn't have the power to take them away. And the NRA will spend millions to ensure he doesn't.

Let's be honest it's usually not the legally registered guns that are the problem it's those that are obtained illegally. That is what he should crack down on.
    • Comment
  • KD answered 5 years ago
    As civilians we have the right to bear arms, not assault rifles.
    This subject arose when Obama was running as president, and someone spinned an old statement from Obama wanting to ban the crazy guns, not handguns or rifles we hunt/protect ourselves with.
    BTW his top priorities is the economy and the war in Iraq not guns.
    • Comment
  • SERENAZ answered 5 years ago
    Americans love their guns better than they love their wives, their children their fellow Americans.
    Take their guns away and you take away their manhood, their self respect ... .... their ... their ... their pacifiers (that's what you Aussies call a dummy).
    Although gun control is badly needed, Obama understands our unhealthy obsession and would never do something that really would start bloodshed on the streets.

• Comment
  • realmad213 answered 5 years ago
    The gun nuts would be stupid enough to do something, but a civil war? I don't think so.
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock