Why are horse trailers nicely enclosed with windows and doors, probably heating and A/C, but not for cattle?

It just ain't fair. Cattle trailers are open to the elements, just board racks around the perimeter of the trailer. They have to face the wind, rain, cold and snow as they are being hauled off to their doom. They're stuffed into those trailers, butt to nose. Its a sad sight to see those poor critters being... show more It just ain't fair. Cattle trailers are open to the elements, just board racks around the perimeter of the trailer. They have to face the wind, rain, cold and snow as they are being hauled off to their doom. They're stuffed into those trailers, butt to nose. Its a sad sight to see those poor critters being trucked down the highway. They look out from the trailer with those big sad eyes, like as if they know where they are going; they're not happy, I tell ya.
Update: Texan, I also live in cattle country; my father and his brother raised cattle. I was just making a silly observation not trying to justify some kind of "cause".