Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 1 decade ago

Best answer gets ten points.?

Okay, the other day I was struck with the most brilliant Idea ever. I have a story I want to write. Well I have a character that is a girl and a character that is a boy. The girl..well I wrote this..... I was short…really short. My face was average basically. A heart shaped face, pale, light smatter of freckles dotting my cheek, acne free complexion, typical lips, curly auburn hair, and to my own and other peoples surprise static blue eyes. They were that color that everyone wants to take from the crayon box that would make the most typical thing stand out like a fish in the Sahara desert.

I looked at my torso…Damn I thought to my self as I looked at my bulgy chest. I never really did get why people complained about having small boobs. I would rather have a small chest than two D’s waiting for me every morning when I wake up. The worst part about the big boobs I have a small waist which creates the elusion that my boobs are even bigger. Please do not get me started on my butt. It is huge. But not that it is really fat it is more muscle. At least it doesn’t jiggle. I thought staring with my back turned to the mirror. I looked at my legs, they were pretty typical.

The boy looks like this...also from the text...His skin was fair like ivory yet glowing with warmth. His eyes were green like two perfectly smoothed out emeralds, his lips looked supple like marshmallows. His hair was a deep russety brown and with each of his delicate, tangled curls placed precisely all over his head. His body was lean but still muscular. I was fazed by his godlike beauty.

now here is the thing. I need names for them. not just names I mean names with a meaning. Please give me a name with a meaning for each or one of the characters I told you of.

Favorite Answer

lulu

and for the boy

seth

A thought for you Rachel - don't give your characters names just yet.

Start setting the stage for your story, where are your characters? Maybe give each of them something of a life, a little background as to who they are, their personalities, what are they doing, and how they have, or how they will, come to be together. Let the lives of your characters develop, and then, as that is happening, you will come to know their names.

Often, when writers talk about how the characters in their stories came to be, the writer will say that at first they had very specific ideas about who this or that person was. But as the characters grew, they became someone quite different. The writer felt they were no longer creating the people, but it was the character letting the writer know who they were. The story itself becomes like a character, after while things start happening on their own, and the writer is only someone lucky enough to jot it all down.

If you are going to write that great story, you may find some helpful thoughts here - http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/writertips...

Oh, another thing - get yourself a very thick notebook. When you get a thought, write it on top of a new page. Later you can flush out that thought on the rest of the page. And don't worry about working thrrough in chronological order. Ideas rarely come like that. You can rework the flow later. Add sketches and doodles to help give life to your story. It's not just words, but also the images those words create. Okay - now sharpen those pencils... paint us a story.

Check out this web site www.name-meanings.com you can see the names by country and origin and it give a meaning beside each one I started looking for names for your question and its addictive I think its important that you find a name that suits the image you have in your own head for your characters as you are the one who has to live with them as you write the stories....

hope it helps.

Source(s): www.name-meanings.com

(You changed tenses- from past to present...)

Girl- Cassie, Heidi, Jenna, Sarah, Emilie, Lauren, Natalie, Mackenzie, Dana, Rebecca (Becky), Nia, Mariah, Nicole, Sam(antha), Jessica, Amber...

Boy- Jacob, Jackson, Micheal, Jeremy, Stanley, Tyler, Matthew, Kyle, Jim, Brett, Sam, Riley, Jasper.

The story is sounding pretty awesome so far XD

Source(s): My brain

The girl sounds like a jessica. It sounds like the name that you're trying to describe the girl as.

The boy sounds like a Michael, or David.

I don't really know the meanings for them, but you can check-

http://www.name-meanings.com/

First, amazing story. Secondly, the names could be Aislinn (means dream), Aimee (Loved), Aisha (Alive), Amanda (she who must be loved), or Amberly (amber). For a guy I'd pick Abel (breath), Ethan (strong), or even Christopher (bearer of Christ) if you want something religious.

Emily (generic name)

and

Clayton (not too common, but a great name)

kinda goes with their characters :]

I don't know the meanings of the names, but those are the reasons I thought of those names...

the girl sounds like Jenny Humphrey

and the boy sounds like Nate Archibald from Gossip Girl...

The girl should be Wren and the boy Riley.

Jasper for the boy, and Charlie for the girl.

Girl: Amber

Boy:Zeke or Eric