That Guy asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Poll: Worst Starting Rotation?

What team, in your opinion, has the worst starting rotation.

Also, list the starters if you can!

Suggested Category: Science & Mathematics > Earth Sciences & Geology ←What the Heck?!?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'll say the Pittsburgh Pirates. They never can find a dominant starting pitcher who can lead their rotation.

Ian Snell gets injured. Paul Maholm is a number 3 at best. Zach Duke is not a #2 and over achieved by winning his first 8 starts in the major leagues.

The rest of their rotation is a bunch of mopups. Like I remember, they traded for fireballer Denny Bautista last summer, hoping he'd be a good 5th starter.

They never really do good.

The Texas Rangers are a close second.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Joba- Awesome since the All Star Break C.C. Sabthia- Can get batters out, 130+ Strike outs Burnett- Very Solid for the Yankees this season 10-5 record. Pettite- Great pitcher since all star break, 200 innings and still pitching like new. Sergio Mitre- After tonight he is 2-1 only allowing two runs against Seattle tonight Phil Hughes has been the best reliever for the Yankees this season. Mariano the great has many saves this season striking out many people and recording big outs. Yes. Girardi tends to leave pitchers in too long sometimes.

• Eric
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Rangers rotation is pretty horrible. All of the pitchers' ERAs are probably above 5.

Let's see

Vincente Padilla

Kevin Millwood

Matt Harrison

Scott Feldman

Kason Gabbard

That's probably wrong though. But their rotation still isn't any good

• Joel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Nationals, Pirates, Padres.

The Nats and Pirates are pretty self-explanatory. Since Peavy is soon to be out of San Diego, the Padres rotation has no substance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'd say Pittsburghs rotation is the worst in the Majors. No person on their staff is better than a number 3 starter.

T. Gorzelanny

Z. Duke

I. Snell

P. Maholm

R. Ohlendorf

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Royals

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Pirates and the Royals have young starters but no potential.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Washington and Pittsburgh have to be tied with the worst rotation.

Staggov jackoff doesn't even know what he is talking about. The Cubs had the best rotation in the league.

• Kind of hard right now since it is the off season and starting rotations will soon change.

• 1 decade ago

Obviously it has to be the 1962 New York Mets. 40-120. Can't recall them all (Roger Craig, Al Jackson) but they were worse than terrible.

Source(s): My memories of the game
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.