What is the firing order of a 2005 Ford Taurus?

Someone broke into my car and stole my spark plug wires, and now I have to replace them, and I need to know the firing order so I can put them back in the right order. Also any picture of where exactly the wires go would be helpful as well, because I only see 3 spark plugs, and I'm guessing the other 3 are hidden somewhere else. Thanks

Favorite Answer

The firing order for your 2005 Ford Taurus is 1-4-2-5-3-6. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Chilton's Ford Taurus/Sable 1996-05 Repair Manual Page 1-35

that's definitely f****d up, why would someone break in under a hood and steel just the plug wires, anyway...... the firing order is stamped into the top of the intake manifold and goes counter clockwise, you have 3 plugs in the front of the motor and the other 3 are in the back of the motor in front of the firewall. you have to snake your hand and arm down between the firewall and the motor to reach the plugs. DO NOT do this when the motor is hot or else you WILL burn your hand and arm. if you cant find the stamp with the firing order on it, call a parts store, or a dealer's service department and give them the year, make, model and engine size ( v6 normally is a 3.0 or a 3.8) and they can look it up and tell you what the order is and what cylinder is #1 in the firing order.

Source(s): retired auto tec and former owner of an '86 taurus. :)

Four cylinder: 1 3 4 2

Six cylinder: 1 5 3 6 2 4

Many cars have the firing order stamped on the intake manifold. If you have an owner's manual, the firing order should also be therein.

Source(s): Licensed CA smog inspector.
  • Penny

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avwSB

Also the firing order is impressed in the intake manifold.