Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Kindly check my reflective essay ( not very long)?

Could you please do some editing on grammar and punctuations? Thanks.

And also would you please rephrase the part where I wrote "My thoughts tell me that she started blah-blah-blah" I just can't put it into good words

Notes: Chinon is a castle or a place where she convinced the uncrowned king that she really was the saviour of France at that time

Dauphin- heir to the French throne

Rheims- castle/cathedral

----------------------------------------------HERE-------------------------------------------

Joan of Arc was born to peasant parents at the small village of Domremy,near the province of Lorraine; which may have accounted for Joan's label the "Maid of Lorraine".She is the patroness of soldiers and of France. Joan didn't have any noble or aristocratic background before she was ennobled by the King. However, although of poor background, Joan still managed to become one of the most prominent figures in the Hundred Years' War and of the whole Middle Ages

Her story surprised me, more than I was when we watched the story of St. Francis. Her story has opened quite some new realizations and thoughts in my mind. My thoughts tell me that she started the modern women's right activism. She was a symbol of pious catholic values, women's empowerment, and of nationalism.

It makes us think how a young girl like Joan spent more time inside the church than somewhere else where children were suppose to be going at that time. We may find it fascinatingly unusual, in a good way certainly. Didn't she feel bored or tired of kneeling down on those rather tough church pews inside her village's small church? Well, all I could say is it takes a lot of piety for a young girl to be able to do that, and not to mention lots of things to talk to God about too. She took communion as often as possible, and prayed constantly with such fervor. What really makes me so enthusiastic on her story is the

fact that saints had appeared to her and gave her God's mode d'emplois. It takes a really special person, and Joan certainly was more than special.

She's the man!

Joan had shown not only gentleness and sweetness but had shown that there is a man inside every woman.She defied the skeptical thoughts of high-ranking churchmen and courtiers of France at that time in Chinon. She convinced France's leaders that a woman can do whatever a man can do, leaders who had quite

some sexist tendencies. She got their trust. How often do we hear about a Medieval battle story who had a woman as their commander? Not very often I must say. How about a woman winning a nation's last hope? Yes we have, in this case Joan's triumph on the Siege of Orleans. She won the Dauphin his throne. She was indeed very beautiful, but her story was certainly not the typical "damsel in distress" type of tale.

Favorite Answer

Joan didn't have any (a) noble or aristocratic background before she was ennobled by the King.

Joan still managed to become one of the most prominent figures in the Hundred Years' War and of the whole Middle Ages (period)

Her story surprised me, more than I was (surprised) when we watched the story of St. Francis.

Her story (It has opened) has opened quite (delete quite) some new realizations and thoughts in my mind.

My thoughts tell me that she... (was the pioneer of the modern women's right, activism). started the modern women's right activism

It (what make us think?) makes us think how a young girl like Joan spent more time inside the church than somewhere else where children were suppose to be going at that time.

We may find it fascinatingly unusual,(;) (certainly in a good way) in a good way certainly.

Well, all I could (can say) say is it takes a lot of piety (and a lot to talk to God about) for a young girl to be able to do that, and not to mention lots of things to talk to God about too.

Joan (showed) had shown not only gentleness and sweetness but (remove "but had shown) had shown that there is a man inside every woman

She convinced France's leaders that a woman can do whatever a man can do, (;) leaders who had quite

some sexist tendencies.

She (earned) got their trust.

In the first paragraph, I would only say although, not however, although.

For the 'My thoughts..." I would say: "Her actions and doings have lead me to believe that she started blah blah blah."

I dont know what kind of essay this is, but I think you used "I" a lot and from what my teachers taught me...you should avoid that as often as possible.

Hope this helps!