Barn wood picture frame- HELP?

i have come across some barn wood that i would like to make a picture frame from. the planks are about a yard/meter long and about 4 inches thick. i am wanting to frame a 18 x 24 picture with a 2 inch mat. i have about 8 pieces and some of them are less than perfect. can i use the wood if it is not... show more i have come across some barn wood that i would like to make a picture frame from.

the planks are about a yard/meter long and about 4 inches thick. i am wanting to frame a 18 x 24 picture with a 2 inch mat.

i have about 8 pieces and some of them are less than perfect. can i use the wood if it is not perfectly straight? slightly bowed? if I plane the wood will i loose the barn weathered finish? will planing fix the imperfections?

how can I accomodate a rabbet that will fit glass, picture and matt board.

what steps do i need to follow? I just want to use a table saw and planer as I am not comfortable with a router.

HELP!!!