Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Was Showing photos to therapist normal?

One Day during my therapy session, I was talking about my friends and family and pulled out my digital camera and showed her....was that normal or was it inappropriate...and even so - why didn't she comment on it?

Favorite Answer

I see nothing wrong with it. No worries.

It's perfectly normal! Having a therapist is a relationship, probably the most trusting one you'll ever have. It's natural you would want to share that with her. Nothing inapproriate. What kind of comment were you expecting?

as quickly as I regarded on the 1st photograph, i replaced into perplexed as to how can a woman with this style of around face be anorexic. finding on the further pictures, i replaced into greater shocked yet nevertheless could no longer decide on which you're anorexic using fact i could no longer see your hands. till I regarded on the final photograph. you're incredibly no longer anorexic. An anorexic could have hands of length 4 to 5 situations below yours. From the photos, you at the instant are not anorexic yet yet from what I study, i think of you are trying to become anorexic. it incredibly is undesirable. by using ways, you're a especially female and you have a intense-high quality physique. you look like a relaxing-loving female. Why are you shy to circulate out?

i've done that before. if i have new pictures, a lot of the times i'll bring them in to show her. whether they're pics of friends, family, or my pets. there's nothing wrong with it...if she thought there was, i'm sure she would have said something. when you're seeing a therapist, they're supposed to know about your life...showing her your pictures was probably giving her more of a glimpse into your life. '

I Think It Was Fine. Don't Worry About It.

Its nothing bad if you did or not, and why would she comment on it?