1.Despite the recent reports of increases in profits at the Boston franchise, the corporation wanted it ______a)to liquidate b)will liquidate c)liquidate D)liquidated
2.My receptionist will get the forms __ first thing tomorrow so that we can fix them to the head office before the conference call a)singed b)to be singed c)sign d)signing
3.Activities abroad contributed to more than half of both total sales and _________costs. A) operator b)operation c)operating d)operated.
4.We ned more ___a)filed b)filing cabinets in this company
5.____a)Promoted b)Promoting employees from within the company improves morale.
麻煩高手再回答 希望能詳細說明 謝謝
- ElisaLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Despite the recent reports of increases in profits at the Boston franchise, the corporation wanted it liquidated.
=> Passive voice. Past participle used to modify the pronoun “it”. It means “ Boston franchise”.
The corporation wanted to liquidate Boston franchise.
= The corporation wanted Boston franchise liquidated.
2. My receptionist will get the forms signed first thing tomorrow so that we can fix them to the head office before the conference call a)singed b)to be singed c)sign d)signing
=> For example:
I will get it done first thing tomorrow morning. (passive voice)
I will get you do it first thing tomorrow morning. (active voice)
3. Activities abroad contributed to more than half of both total sales and operating costs.
=> Using present participle because the action is not passive.
For example: Running nose. Crying baby.
Operating costs = The costs to operate the company.
Use past participle when the action is passive.
For example: A thunder struck tree. = A tree that was struck by thunder.
4. We need more filing cabinets in this company.
See explanation above.
A filing cabinets. = A cabinets that is for filing.
5. Promoting employees from within the company improves morale.
=> This sentence can be broken down like this.
We promote employees from within.
Doing so improves morale.
= Promoting employees from within improves morale.Source(s): Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.
- ?Lv 61 decade ago
2.b--to be signed(是題目錯或打錯? 不是 singed, 是 signed)
4.b--filed(應是 We need, 不是 we ned.)
2008-11-29 08:10:04 補充：
2. 應是 signed. 如果用 to be signed 與後面的 so that 就有點接不上時間的感覺.
問題在於時間的先後, 須先 signed 才能做下一個動作. 而 to be signed 則是未來的動作.
5. 若是答案是 promoting 我無法解釋也不懂! 談到 promote, 人是被 promoted,不是
應以被動表示嗎 ? 抱歉, 我不知道!