Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What kind of sauce do you use to bar-be-cue with? And what part of the U.S. are you from?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I use my own homemade sauce which is basically ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar. I may add minced onions or minced garlic with it.

Cook till hot.

The amounts vary according to your taste but start with about a cup of ketchup, 3 T. brown sugar 1T vinegar then adjust.

I am from the Northwest Ohio.

• 1 decade ago

Here in north east Florida,I just use regular bbq sauce,from the store any brand cause to me it is really the way you cook not the sauce really ! good luck with this!

• 1 decade ago

I'm -from- California. I live in Texas.

I'm pretty partial to Sweet Baby Ray's. But I'm open to trying others.

I like Sweet Baby Ray's because it's got a kind of spicy pepper-y-ness (yes, I make up words) to it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

honey every state has it's on style of sauce.Down here in Alabama we use a tomato/vinegar base then mix and match herps, spices, sugar,molases and fruit(apple,pineapple,orange ect.) for taste.I hear up in some places people even use mayonas(personnally I HATE that stuff) but thats just me.Your'll just have to study and find the best one for you and ya'll family.I hope you have a good time finding it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Sweet Baby Rays is the very best. I'm in Indiana.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am not US, and when I BBQ i don't add sauce, I let my guests choose the sauce in case they don't like mine,

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Curly's BBQ is our favorite, but KC Masterpiece isn't bad...its easy to find EVERYWHERE!

Source(s): We're in Kansas. Curly's is a state product. I know they have it at wal-mart, not sure how wide-spread it is.
  • 1 decade ago

sweet baby ray's, in illinois.

• Terri
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

salamida's or lupo's ny here. their local companies.

• 1 decade ago

kinders

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.