?

What is salvation and how is it gained?

I have read all kinds of stuff on R&S from all kinds of Christians, but in the end, what does it really take to be saved?

Favorite Answer

Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Salvation means qualifying to live with God. The only way to attain salvation is to follow Christ sincerely. Our life on earth is very short and it will come to an end for sure. There is a hereafter. We get this assurance from Jesus on cross while he assuring the criminal who was crucified with him on his right hand side that "today, you will be with me in paradise". We need to humble down ourselves and should recognize our faults. When we truly feel repentance, it paves way for God to live within us and to lead us to light. Once we attain the state of a repenting mind, we will start keeping off from all kinds of evil and that is how we walk towards salvation. It begins here. God wants all of us to be saved and for that, he has given us his son who attracts us to himself.

Definition: Preservation or deliverance from danger or destruction. That deliverance may be from the hands of oppressors or persecutors. For all true Christians, Jehovah provides through his Son deliverance from the present wicked system of things as well as salvation from bondage to sin and death. For a great crowd of faithful servants of Jehovah living during “the last days,” salvation will include preservation through the great tribulation.

Is anything more than faith needed in order to gain salvation?

Eph. 2:8, 9, RS: “By grace [“undeserved kindness,” NW] you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God—not because of works, lest any man should boast.”

(The entire provision for salvation is an expression of God’s undeserved kindness. There is no way that a descendant of Adam can gain salvation on his own, no matter how noble his works are. Salvation is a gift from God given to those who put faith in the sin-atoning value of the sacrifice of his Son.)

Heb. 5:9, RS: “He [Jesus] became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him.” (Italics added.)

(Does this conflict with the statement that Christians are “saved through faith”? Not at all. Obedience simply demonstrates that their faith is genuine.)

Jas. 2:14, 26, RS: “What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him? For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from works is dead.”

(A person does not earn salvation by his works. But anyone who has genuine faith will have works to go with it—works of obedience to the commands of God and Christ, works that demonstrate his faith and love. Without such works, his faith is dead.)

Acts 16:30, 31, RS: “‘Men, what must I do to be saved?’ And they [Paul and Silas] said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.’”

(If that man and his household truly believed, would they not act in harmony with their belief? Certainly.)

Source(s): Reasoning

To be saved you must first, admit that you are a sinner.

Confess your sin (agree with God that would you do is sin)

Repent- (not just being sorry, but being willing to turn from sin back to

God)

ACCEPT CHRIST AS FULL PAYMENT FOR YOUR SINS. There is nothing that we can do to earn our salvation, it was paid in full.

Once saved, we should desire to live our lives under the control and power of the Holy Spirit.

It takes accepting the grace of God. Nothing you can do is sufficient to earn your way into heaven.

All have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. This sin has stained our souls and created a chasm between us and God. God loves us and wants to be with us. But because God is holy, we cannot be in his presence with the stain of sin upon our souls.

So God, the Almighty Creator, took human form as Jesus and permitted himself to be tortured and killed as an innocent blood offering to erase the stain of sin on our souls. This act by a loving God bridged the chasm between us and him. God, through Jesus, bore the punishment that was due to us for our disobedience from God. To ignore the sin, is to trivialize the offense, and therefore trivialize God. Our sin is a great offense, which required a great punishment. God loves you so much, that he bore this punishment for you. All you have to do is acknowledge that your sin of disobeying God was wrong, and accept his gift of eternal life. God knows your heart and knows if you truly are repentant.

Source(s): John 14:1-6 1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[a]; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going." 5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" 6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

salvation means deliverance....deliverance from sins....acquired and committed

.

we trust in Gods work and believe Gods report about His Son...then we can attain a cleansing in truth and be able to recieve Gods spirit of grace which in turn allows us to conform to true righteousness and holiness....all the days of our life

• ?

salivation is to worship Allah the one the Absolute none like in to him the creator the Holder of the day of judgment the most merciful

believe in one god ,no 3 in 1 or Trinity or cross or crescent or idles or statues .

believing in all the prophets of god , Moses Jesus, Mohammad (peace be on up them all).

believe in his books and angels.

believing in heaven and hell.

believing the day of judgment or the day of resurrection

believing in the destiny good or bad and it is all comes from Allah.

Therefore (for) whomsoever Allah intends that He would guide him aright, He expands his breast for Islam, and (for) whomsoever He intends that He should cause him to err, He makes his breast strait and narrow as though he were ascending upwards; thus does Allah lay uncleanness on those who do not believe. (125)

(52) Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful. (53) And return to your Lord time after time and submit to Him before there comes to you the punishment, then you shall not be helped. (54) And follow the best that has been revealed to you from your Lord before there comes to you the punishment all of a sudden while you do not even perceive; (55) Lest a soul should say: O woe to me! for what I fell short of my duty to Allah, and most surely I was of those who laughed to scorn; (56)

O you who believe! turn to Allah a sincere turning; maybe your Lord will remove from you your evil and cause you to enter gardens beneath which rivers flow, on the day on which Allah will not abase the Prophet and those who believe with him; their light shall run on before them and on their right hands; they shall say: Our Lord! make perfect for us our light, and grant us protection, surely Thou hast power over all things. (8

Source(s): quran

It's an Army and it's gain is by buying their donated clothes...

• tj

Sincere trust, faith, repentance and love

t

paramedics.