? asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

How much food u should feed goldfishes & how many times a day?

Go to hell fish man!

• MEL
    Favorite Answer

Feed them once a day, thats how i feed mine

Goldfish are opportunist eater and will continue to eat even when full, which can cause SBS (swim bladder syndrome). Feed once a day, as much as the goldfish can consume within 2-3 minutes, that's it.

Source(s): me

Feed them as much as they can eat in 2 minutes, twice a day. Their main diet should be either goldfish flakes or goldfish pellets. Once or twice a week you can give them bloodworms, brine shrimp, or cooked fresh vegetable like spinach, zucchini, or peas (the inside, not the outer shell).

Source(s): Have had my goldfish for 8 years and I work at Petco
  • ray

You should feed all your fish 2-3 times a day as long as the food are being eaten within 5-7 minutes it is fine.

Try feeding the goldfish with small amount of food each time and feed them often as the intestine of the goldfish are slower in digestion as compare to other fish.

If the fish is omnivorous like goldfish you can feed it with "MIX" diet such as

1.small live frozen food

2.red worm

3.bloodworm

4.small aquatic invertebrates like small crustacea eg.shrimp/prawn

5.food flake/pellet

6.green foods like pea

7.fruit like apple,cucumber,

Once in a while you can feed it with some vitamins supplement to enhance its colour and growth.

Hope my answer do help you on your fish diet.

Good luck and have fun with your GOLDFISH :P

Source(s): From my experience as I am a fish breeder and my answer also help many asker facing with the same problem as you and they agree with my method.

It depends on how many goldfish are there in your aquarium.Feed them once a day,the same time of the day if possible in the morning.

the plural of goldfish is just goldfish not goldfishes

that depends on how big the goldfish is

a 3cm goldfish will need less than a 40cm goldfish