Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Would you call this harassment and call the cops?

if you have a friend who is a girl (not a relationship, just a friendship) who is getting overly-possessive and jealous if you do not include her in everything you do and do things without her. she feels less important and keeps annoying you to give her time and cancel your plans. even if you say no, she tries to get you to give her time by always asking/demanding you to spend time with her instead. you have explained to her that she is no less important than other things in your life but she doesn't get it or beleive it.

1) is this harassment

2) would you call the cops on this friend

i did not add the part that i did drop her by the way, but she is now e-mailing me asking if we can sort this out and she wants to know why i dropped her, what changed instead of working things out. i do not feel like e-mailing her back or talking to her.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Desi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This isn't a case for the police, she has yet to commit any real crime. Your best bet is to tell her to cease the behavior or you will be forced to inform her parents.

• 1 decade ago

this isn't harassment simply email her and tell her you cant be friends or just stop talking to her all together if she comes by don't answer your door.. if she starts calling 100 times a day blowing your email up stopping by and sitting in front of your house for hours, approaching you constantly in public places after you told her to stop then you have a harassment case

• 1 decade ago

No, this is not harassment. I'd call it a broken friendship. You may need to be straight forward with her so she can understand why you dropped her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.