Why would be asking for my family now, when he had never done it before?

This guy and I been long distance friends since almost 2 years now. We've always had friendly rather polite communications. Yeah the things has gone from a simple keep in touch from enjoying each others friendship.

I had called him a few times now, so he's starting to query about how my family is. Is a good thing don't get me wrong. But, I wonder why until now his interest have blossom. I've always send regards to him and his family, and he always replied in a nice way to me, now he does it to my family. Why?

It's called being POLITE>>> he wants to give your family the same respect you give his.Come on now!!

• probably because he hasnt seen them in awhile and you always send your regards so that got him thinking about how your family is.