Moms of newborns: Does your newborn sleep with you or in their crib?

Does your newborn sleep in your arms sometimes?

• Jo
    Favorite Answer

My baby never slept in our bed. When she first came home, we put her in a bassinet next to us so that she was close by for feeding. Eventually, she felt cramped and couldn't stretch out. That's when we moved her to her crib.

For naps, she sometimes falls asleep in my arms. If I don't have much to do at that time, I'll just hold her. Otherwise, I'll try to put her down in her crib, just to get her used to her crib for sleeping.

It's a good idea to have a routine for sleeping. That way, your baby can figure out how and when to sleep.

• Chris

Both. My first son only slept with me for about 2 hours each morning for only a couple of weeks (he was a month old when I started that) then he slept in his crib very well after that. My second son on the other hand has slept in my bed in the boppy, in my arms in my bed and just in my bed with me. He's almost 7 months old now and even now he will start out in his crib and then at some point most nights ends up in bed with me cause mommy needs some sleep too. If he's sick it's automatic that he sleeps in my bed all night. He used to sleep in my bed all night everynight but he seems to not always need to so I have started using the crib. He slept in my arms alot when he was a newborn.

Both. My son is 11 months now and usually sleeps in his crib most of the night and then is in our bed in the early morning. I use to always fall asleep with him on me or beside me when he was a newborn and then put him in his crib. But yea, it's still both.

• Ian coslept with us until he was 9 months old when I started trying to move him into his crib. He's 14 months old now and will go to sleep (with a fight some nights) in his crib but wakes at around 2 or 3 to nurse and winds up cosleeping until 5 when I get up for work then it's off the the playpen in our room until he and daddy wake up.

When I had a newborn he slept in the bassinet part of his pack-n-play in our room at night and in his swing during the day.

Yes, he fell asleep in my arms often. I usually didn't just hold him while he slept, though, since I wanted to use that time to nap myself, or to take a shower, or to make lunch. When he fell asleep in my arms I would lie him in his swing. Now I'd love for him to be able to fall asleep in my arms sometimes.

If I were to have another baby we would co-sleep. One of my husband's coworkers just had a baby 5 weeks early, and my hubby mentioned how they needed a crib mattress. My first thought was why they were using a crib for a newborn when it's safer and easier to co-sleep. Yes, my views on baby sleeping have changed since our son was a newborn.

when my daughter was first born she slept with me in my bed cause i had a c-section and it was easier i the middle of the night for feeding her and changing her. once she started sleeping through the night which she was a month when she did shes slept in the bassinet almost every night with the exceptin like after she got her 2 month shots =[ or when shes not feeling good. shes such a good baby its ok. haha.

she used to sleep in my arms but now she hates it. she falls asleep on her own and cant stand to be cradled like a baby. she sits up on my lap and looks around.

shes going to be 3 months on thursday.

In with me sometimes and sometimes in crib. He has since birth. He is 8 weeks and i love sleeping with him. He has no issue sleeping in his own crib and loves to snuggle in with us maybe 2 nights a week but usually just on colder nights.

My first slept in my bed till she was 6 months old and my second moved to her crib 4 months ago when she was 10 months old.

Both of my kids slept in a bouncy chair or in a boppy pillow in bed with me. (taking up most of the bed well I had a corner!!) Until they were like 6 months,or could roll over on there own then I put them in there cribs.

While I was nursing both my kids slept with me. But once they were on the bottle-around 4 months or so, they were put in their crib. Still though it seems like my 5 month old is in bed with us once in a while.