Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

mbalto asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

Wrong eyeglasses prescription for nearsightedness vs. farsightedness?

Is it possible to be wrongly prescribed glasses for nearsightedness when in fact the patient is farsighted?

For example, the patient is young and can accommodate very well so he has little trouble seeing up close (so its more like latent hyperopia) and is only complaining of blurred distance vision? The doctor prescribes mild distance glasses.

Is it possible that this could happen?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

we get this information in this level that if I put for this patient a huge number of for example minus lens the glasses will be thicker for the patient and the appearance will be bad

So, we can change it by plus lens with little number so the same in effect but with good appearance,,,,

Source(s): I'm an optometrist student
  • 5 years ago

One of the main things that people dont know is that diabetes 1st sign is your vision is affected. If you happen to be diabetic, and get an eye exam when your blood sugar is high, you get a false refraction, thus the trouble. there are other health issues that can contribute to this- I would talk to my general practitioner for more information.

• 5 years ago

Source(s): Improve Your Vision Fast : http://improveeyesight.uzaev.com/?MgYw
  • 1 decade ago

Maybe the optician made a mistake.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It sounds like you may be referring to psuedo myopia. Here is a link about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudomyopia

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.