Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Where different religions wage war on each other in a country, who do we blame?

Do we blame the religious people who are waging the battles?

Or do we blame the government of that country, for failing to ensure security and to educate the public to respect the different religions?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

War seems to be an everpresent condition irrespective of religion

• 1 decade ago

Casting blame in a war on one side or the other is usually done by persons who do not truly understand the issues that led to the conflict. When Russia 'invaded' Georgia our nation was quick to blame Russia because of their size. However if the Russion claims that the Georgians were committing genocide were accurate, then the invasion was perhaps justified.

When Lebanon and Israel were attacking eachother the 'journalists' reporting on the conflict in the west siginificantly slanted the blame against the Jewish state for taking a response that was more aggressive than the Hezbollah terrorists had initiated.

My point is casting blame usually means coming to an uninformed or misguided conclusion that is often inaccurate and typically has no practical purpose.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think it has lots to do with one Religion wanting to rule over all because they believe their moral rights can make things better when thousands of others don't agree then it leads to fighting and shooting. Most religious leaders just want to insult other peoples beliefs when they know nothing about it which also leads to chaos. He said She said type ordeal. I'm sure they do this because they think they are damning the Religion.

• 1 decade ago

no one likes to except someone who is different to them, and the difference includes the way people live and what they choose to believe in.

Religion is one of those reasons for the majority of wars but at the same time i am sure it plays a partial part to it and they are using it as an excuse to determine to segregate and create differences between the waring countries

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • i would say that I would blame the different religions, because some religions want to enforce what they think their beliefs are to other people.

Source(s): none.
  • 1 decade ago

In a religious war both parties are stupid i think. Because you cannot force some one to genuinely believe like you do you just simply force them to lie about it.

• 1 decade ago

blame it on the guy with the most money the one wearing a rag on his head

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Relgion or not, East and West, and North and South will always fight no matter where you are

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.