Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Will Obama try and wreck the economy with BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDING and raising TAXES?

We know from history that Keynesian Economics never works. It is a fact that it will only prolong a weak economy (ie. FDR spending programs).

Knowing these facts, isn't it a bad idea?

Please don't turn me in to State Security, I really support the 'Party' completely. Really I do.

Favorite Answer

I don't even know how to deal with this mess. No, Obama will not try to wreck the economy. No, raising government spending and raising taxes will not necessarily derail the economy. No, FDR's New Deal did not prolong the weak economy. It's like you tried to cram as much wrong into this question as you could. The worst sin you commit is portraying your own twisted interpretations as if they were "facts" when of course they're no such thing. Do you even know what a "fact" is?

You are pre-supposing facts that have not basis in reality.

It is actually deviation from Keynsian economics by Bush and Reagan that have produced the weakest economic growth of recent times.

As for FDR - the economy grew at an annual rate of over 7% between the introduction of the New Deal and the beginning of WW2

Republicans spouting failed policies and claiming the opposite of the truth as fact is a large part of the reason for the pantskicking they have received in 2006 and 2008 yet they seem strangely determined not to learn from it.

Supposedly Pres. Hoover had to work with a simliar economy.

He proposed spending only 25% of what Obama does (inflation taken into consideration) and it threw the country into the great depression. Guess we can look forward to the

Great great great great depression.

you got it, bingo

hes paying back the unions for there support with 2.5million jobs, hes going to take your tax dollars to the bank and get fat in the process, sell health care to GE for there support make them richer and give all his buddies nice jobs so they can explode america while hillary runs the country and runs for election in 2012 while obama gets so rich that he will retire and go about global warming and how were gonna change that next and try to steal al gores market

No the congress with handle that task. I "hope" he can "change" the culture of Washington and do the right thing. But so far I have seen little to give me any confidence.

Obama is actually trapped.

If he raises taxes, he'll wreck the economy and force a conservative holy ghost revival.

If he sees the error of his promises and leaves taxes alone, we'll all be fine.

Don't you bitter republicans have any grass to mow or garbage to put out? Take up drinking or something! Give us all a break and take a long nap.

Wait until January 20th !

• R J

I just hope tat the guys that have been milking it for all it's worth have gotten all tan want and will put it back together again. Latert

Yes. We should turn to Austrian Economics.

He won't try, he'll come to the White House, take one look at the budget and how it REALLY LOOKS and jump out the window and run to Canada!