Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

increased sense of smell!! PANICKING please tell me this can happen because of birth control?

increased sense of smell lately and so very nasious with little pains in left side sometimes ...and I have allergies so my nose is stuffy...Im not taking any meds except birth control but Ive only been on it 3 months its yasmin I think it might be too strong for me because Ive been getting leg cramps which might be from blood thickening so I want to change to avoid clots...please tell me Im not pregnant!! Ive been nasious for days but I just realized my sense of smell is increased hugely :(

I have had a few migraines before not many though and not severe..and Ive been known to have tummy trouble being sensitive to fatty foods so I didnt think anything of being so nasious til now hmm

Favorite Answer

I can't tell you if you're pregnant, so you may want to take a test. My nose was stuffed throughout my entire pregnancy...and I could smell EVERYTHING. Take a test to be certain.

I also had the worst leg cramps of my life while pregnant. It's caused by a lack of potassium, so eat your bananas.

I'm not trying to scare you....but you should take a test to be sure. Many pregnancy symptoms are similar to PMS.

• Elana

Yeah - but usually it is more commonly associated with Migraine headaches. Have you ever had one? Do you know what their "aura" is like?