Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What tests should I ask for?

I'm going back to my GYN in the morning and was wondering what all tests I should ask for.

When we first saw him, he wanted my hubby to go for a SA and when that came back bad, he referred us to a Urologist and now that everything has check out with the ur, he referred me back to the Gyn.

I'm figuring bloodwork for a test of my hormones and maybe my thyriod but is there anything else I should ask for?

Also, how early can a beta test be done?

I'm planning on setting up an appointment for an HSG for the 1st week of December.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Update:

Also, I have regular 28 day cycles and I do ovulate.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you can request for the following:

1. transvaginal ultrasound - to check the position and lining of your uterus, and to check the size of your ovaries and if you have follicles.

2. blood work - check for sugar, thyroid tests, PROLACTIN (very important and can play a big part in fertility)

3. physical examination - to check your cervix for any abnormal discharge or infection.

4. also a PAP smear

My first GYN didn't want to do any tests on me because my cycles are very regular. She said that everything is normal. I changed GYN and she recommended the above tests before moving on to fertility drugs, etc. Turned out, i have high prolactin levels and i had an infection in my cervix. Which makes it practically impossible to conceive if untreated.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.