Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do you know God is real?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because there are so many laws (proven to exist by scientists and mathmaticians throughout history) that govern the earth and the existence of life...how can their not be an intelligent creator? What I find fascinating is think about it...everything man has needed to survive and live has been provided on this earth. Look at how technology has prevailed since man appeared on the earth, and it was all by using matter and elements provided on earth and obtained through understanding and intellect...it's almost like simple things like a rock or a tree can be used for a more effecient purpose by understanding the properties and laws that govern the earth...how to forge steel or how you can obtain paper from a tree...build a home...how plastic was created, electrical circuits...it's almost like everything has an underlying secret, or a purpose...it's like pieces to a giant puzzle, for everything there is a cause and effect, and i believe there is evil as well...because everything on earth can be used to better or worsen society, for example chemistry can be used to help people fight disease, or it can be used to create toxic chemicals that kill millions...i'm kinda thinking out loud here but i think science and math has proven there are laws that govern this world, and they must have been laid out by something much more intelligent that we can not comprehend.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am very interested in probability (I'm an obsessive fantasy football player too, so you know I'm really into this). The probability of there being no intelligent designer of our universe is so laughably small that it's just ridiculous to even consider. The probability of different components jumping together at just the right time to sustain life, without interruption, is also just silly. There's no way the universe happened by chance, no way at all.

• 1 decade ago

I know God is a real invention.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because I prayed for god to send me a definite, convincing sign; and god did - twice in my lifetime.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Faith turns into understanding and truth bears witness unto itself and there is no more doubt.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because science hasn't come up with a way to make matter or energy out of nothing.

• 1 decade ago

Which one?

• 1 decade ago

cus I woke up this morning

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because the Bible says so!

........duh?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.