Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What classes should I take in college?

Fall semester is almost over and I still have no clue as to what I want to major in. I'm willing to explore around.

Any recommendations for classes you've found interesting?

Update:

(University)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What did you like in high school? What did you hate? What do you like doing on your own time? These should suggest where to look for courses.

For me, anthropology and psychology are some of the most interesting subjects in the world. It can't hurt to take an intro course in each.

Courses I took just to get a basic knowledge of what they were: economics, practical botany, energy sources, philosophy, computer science, foreign languages.

Logic, in the philosophy department, will be helpful for many of your courses and work life, no matter what direction you take.

Things I never found time to take that I would have enjoyed include art appreciation, music appreciation, filmmaking and agricultural science.

• Shars
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Are you in a liberal arts college? If so, then general classes that could apply to most any major would be good.... eg. Philosophy, English Literature, some type of History, some type of Mathematics, perhaps a Foreign Language.

If you're at a business school, you'd probably want to steer into the basics there... e.g. Accounting 101, Management 101, Organizational Behavior and the like.

Really, you haven't provided quite enough info for us to be specifically helpful.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think any history class is fun and doesn't require much background knowledge. most colleges have plenty of them. or maybe a foreign language you've wanted to learn or cold be useful. my friend is taking some arabic classes that he seems to enjoy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.