is there so reason my dog sleeps under my bed?

she has a nice cozy bed set up on the other side of my room with her fave toy and yet shed rather sleep under my bed.

i just don't get why.

sometimes she'll sleep on the bed with me but that's mainly when i don't feel good or am sick.

any one know why she does this?

Favorite Answer

Id say its because is nice and closed in, she probably just feels safe there and she knows that your near by if she needs you!

She can probably tell when your not feeling good or sick and so she stays near you trying to comfort you.

My chi x gets all clingy when Im sick.

I wouldn't worry about her sleeping under you bed, maybe stick a blanket under there for her to make sure shes comfy. She might grow out of it.

I have 2 maltese & 1 poodle & all are able to sleep on the bed, on the couch[in our room] or where ever. My male maltese sleeps under the bed because he gets too hot in the bed, my female sleeps under the covers in the bed she likes the heat & my poodle is a rat & it depends on her mood. So you see it's just a matter of personal taste & whether they like being warm or cool. Also in your case it's the closest the dog can be too you without being on the bed & she may be like Nuffy[male maltese] & not like the heat of a bed. Sounds like you have a very loving & special pooch anyway.

Well most dogs love to sleep in sheltered, covered, and cozy places (like my dog).

And your dog probably can sense when you don't feel good or when you are sick, so she probably just wants to comforts you, (my dog does the same exact thing.

Source(s): I have a dog like that.
  • It's dark under there... like a den, or like a womb for some puppies.

Remember that dogs are closely related to wolves! They slept in dens... and they have alphas, whom they tend to when they are sick.