Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i wanna rent a hotel room,but im only 18 and only have a debit card! is there another way to pay for it? ?

Favorite Answer

Cash usually works but they won't turn on the phone.

Using your debit card to pay for a hotel room may work, but if they keep the same card on file for "incidentals," you may very well run into problems. A debit card used for incidentals will often incur a charge of about $500 to be reserved on your account. The hotel will not keep the $500, but they use it as a deposit. The problem is that the money will be unavailable to you should you need to use it during your stay. Not all hotels do this (especially those that are less technologically advanced, like mom-and-pop motels), but it is something to keep in mind.

If you have $500 spare in your account, using your debit card shouldn't be a problem at all, but otherwise, this is something to be aware of.

I use my debit card(backed by Visa) to pay for hotel rooms all the time. Rental cars also. No problem.

Just use that. Make sure you have enough money in your account to cover the payment though.

I used to use mine all the time when I traveled for business.