Help needed with Adobe After Effects?

I'm working on a project in which I have 200 pictures of drawings that I need to animate in Adobe After Effects. I've imported them as a jpeg sequence but I'm not sure where to go from there. I need to add background music, rotate the pictures (they're upside down as is), and fix the colors. How can I get it so I can edit the pictures and add sound? Please use simple terms I'm new at this!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure what you mean by "animate" but if your intentions are to make something along the lines of a slide show, select all your layers from the timeline, then right click and go to Animation Assistance. You can then choose to sequence your layers. Alternatively, if you bring it in as a sequence when importing it will play just like a video clip which means each image lasts for 1 frame.

To rotate a layer just press the R key with a layer selected. It will bring up the rotation properties for the layer where you can rotate your layer. If you need to flip a layer just type in 180.

To color correct you'll want to go to Effect > Color Correction. Brightness and Contrast might be good, Levels, or Color Balance (HLS) to name a few. You can apply your color correction to each layer, but if you want to apply to same effects to all of your layers at once then go to Layer > New > Adjustment Layer. Place your Adjustment Layer at the top of the layer stack and then apply your color correction to the Adjustment Layer. It will apply to every layer below it.