Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

My kids how to i tell them?

i ask this before but i need more advice

My Wife is moving 1600 miles away Christmas. She got a teaching job at the high school we went to. Her dad is really sick he is 70 years old. We both agreed to stay married for now. Me and her have a child together. She is taking the child that we had togther. I can't leave my job. My last job i took a 3 yr leave. I will have be able to go back to that job 3 yrs 4 months. Right now that job is being used to train managers.

How do i tell my children?

I have 9 daughters from another marriage. I also have 3 god daughters aka nieces. My 3 god daughters aka nieces lost their parents.They are happy now. They are happy to have me. They really didn't like their parents.

My 9 daughters lost there mom..

How do i tell them that there step mom and I are temporary separating? then maybe divorce. on Christmas we are going to try to stay together. long distance

i am telling them tomorrow

• Sean
    Favorite Answer

i'm sorry that sounds awful

is it temporary? if it's temporary than just tell them your seperated, I don't think that there is an easy route, but you sound like a good hardworking man, and I'm sorry that you must go through with this

Good Luck Man,

I'll be praying for you.

• Diane

Do you need to tell them all that right now? She is moving to be with her Dad and for her job. You said you have agreed to stay together for now, things could work out! I hope they do. Good Luck xox

12 girls is a lot for a woman to take on. I would be honest and say you are having time apart, if you lie or sugar coat it it will catch up with you. Sorry, you have my sympathy for what its worth

explain the job situation and personal situation

tell them to love and help there mom with her father

and that you will be there if not in person over the telephone for them.

be honest if not they will hate you for lying