Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Being induced on Thanksgiving?

I'm scheduled for induction on Thanksgiving morning. I've gone into labor on my own during my 2 previous pregnancies but I'm being induced for medical reasons this time. If you've been induced - what steps do they take. I'm already 3-4 cm dilated - so I doubt they'll use cervidil but do they start right away or what happens??

• ?
    Favorite Answer

i was just induced friday and had my baby girl.....all they do is get you to the room hook you up on some iv's....they get pitocin running through you and the doctor comes and breaks your water...thats about it...then you do the rest....as long as you are making progress they dont up the pit to much....congrats!! and good luck...sorry you miss out on turkey day :( but im sure it will be worth it

You can be induced simply by them breaking your water if you're already 3-4 cm. If you don't progress, they can give you IV pitocin to increase your contractions.

With my second, I was 4 cm for 5 days- they broke my water and gave me pitocin and he was born in 4 hours! Good luck!