Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Explanation for wrist stiffness and pain?

Every now and then my right wrist will stiffen up and ache for a week or so. My range of motion is cut down badly.

Can only bend it from about 10:00 to around 1:30 position without any pain. And can not put a moderate amount of pressure or weight on it.

Nothing seems to set it off, and have had no previous injuries to the wrist.

Why does this happen?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

See a chiropractor. He took away my wrist pain. Also, eat less sugar, take more vitamins, and take a break from the computer sometimes. Try ice on it for 15 minutes and also, muscle rub works.

• 1 decade ago

Do you use a computer regularly? Or do yoga? I had very bad chronic pain mainly from computer use however doing flow yoga also caused problems. Any repetitive motion can cause pain and stiffness however most common cause today is computer use. You most likely do have some kind of injury -- a repetitive strain injury.

Watch out because I had this problem here and there and eventually it became so bad that I couldn't work and had to change jobs. If you're using a computer now, start looking into physical therapy now rather than waiting for this to get worse.

• 1 decade ago

probably carpal tunnel or a sprain..

try webmd.com :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.